PDA

View Full Version : 1$ BUY IN

treeofwisdom7
06-13-2005, 06:30 PM
ive been playing the 11's for less than a month now. in this time ive been making some cash$$$. could be a lucky run or it could be because ive climbed over the fence.

anyway... i played a 1$ buy in today and i totally went ape $hit. i went all in with 24 against AA and AJ. it wasnt a great idea but i was wondering

how many of you play a very agressive game. i mean raise with a lot of hands like KJ b4 lvl 3. or raise with A9s , 44, 22, J9s and those kind of hands early . maybe if your a really good player the medium hands are worth playing aggressive????

i noticed that i was playing free of all my restraints and it was working for the most part. if i sensed weakness i would raise with anything and if i felt my opp had some kind of a hand but would fold if i pushed . i would push..

i dont htink i can play this way at the 11's but playing at UB in the 1's and going ape $hit seems like good practice.

what do you think?

NH

Bigwig
06-13-2005, 06:41 PM
No, it's not worth raising lots of mediocre hands early if you're a good player. The stacks on these tournaments simply aren't deep enough to allow for this type of play. Additionally, the payout structure in STT's dictates tighter play early. You should know this by now.