PDA

View Full Version : HU challenge

valenzuela
06-13-2005, 06:27 PM
I just made an even money bet with a friend of mine, the bet consists in me playing some dude HU in NLHE with starting stacks of 100x the BB, the catch is that I can only see one pocket card throughout the match.( of course my oponent doesnt know im only looking at one card) This dude is fairly decent but Im slightly better than him, why would I make such an -ev bet, for three reasons 1)fun 2)pride 3)I will give my oponent odds which my friend will cover. Im already thinking of a startegy when the game gets more mathematical, any suggestion would be cool.

Bigwig
06-13-2005, 06:30 PM
Sure. For how much?

Oh.

applejuicekid
06-13-2005, 06:33 PM
This is interesting, and I don't think it should be too hard to pull of a victory. I think you could do alright in the early goings by just always betting with position on the flop and preflop. I think your biggest disadvantage will be the inability to trap on a big hand.

You said "when the game gets more mathematical." I assume this means that the blinds will be raised? Or are you talking about when one players stack gets low enough so that the game becomse "more mathematical." I think the obvious strategy will be to push any A, K, Q and randomly push a predetermined x% of the time.

Good luck. Sounds like fun.

treeofwisdom7
06-13-2005, 06:35 PM
sounds like a good way to become a well rounded HU player

curtains
06-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Try to make the same bet against a top flight player but insist on 2-1 money odds. You should be a huge favorite assuming the blinds are not too deep, but some players might readily accept this bet.

valenzuela
06-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Im not intrested in the money, playing a better player would just consist on pre-flop overagression trying to gamble.(assuming I only look at one pocket card)

KingDan
06-13-2005, 08:33 PM
Due one better.

Don't look at either card. 2-1 money odds, push every hand.
There are some good posts about this stuff in probablity and I assume poker theory.

Edit: didnt realize you were doing this to improve HU ability.

bones
06-13-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't look at either card. 2-1 money odds, push every hand.
There are some good posts about this stuff in probablity and I assume poker theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

And in TPFAP. Good stuff.