PDA

View Full Version : What's my play...

obi---one
06-13-2005, 06:20 PM
40-80 at Hollywood Park. It's a typical HP game, which means it is pretty good. the game just got short and villian and I have prior history. I have his number, so basically he wants to stick it to me. BTW, he usually plays pretty well, except when he goes on tilt he goes way down hill. I am not sure of his exact state when this hand started.

6 handed folded to me on the button. I raise with A /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He calls from the SB, the BB folds.

Flop comes 764 rainbow. Check. Check.

Turn is a 4 of clubs putting two clubs on the board. He checks, I bet. He raises.

What's my move now?

MrTeddyKGB
06-13-2005, 06:30 PM
bet the flop, if i checked i would check the turn also this raise sucks for you. getting 3-1 to call down this looks like a fold to me, a free card would be nice...

Stormwolf
06-13-2005, 06:36 PM
It seems that if he had nothing he would try to steal betting on the turn since the board is on the 'blinds zone', but he could be extra tricky to check-raise, read dependent I guess(would he play low cards on the SB, probably not but you must know him better)

elindauer
06-13-2005, 06:39 PM
He either has a monster or he has nothing. Given your history, he's likely to have nothing and you're getting good odds to call down. You have outs against hands ilke top pair, so you can still catch up on the river. Call down.

-Eric

DcifrThs
06-13-2005, 07:08 PM
sb info given by OP + line taken in this hand + current hand strength and total equity = call his ass down.

-Barron

34TheTruth34
06-13-2005, 07:41 PM
This is a lot like Nate tha' Great's AQ hand. Since that post, I've been three-betting the turn in spots like this with the intention of not putting anymore money into the pot.

You would think he would most likely check-raise this flop with a 4. This means his hand, as somebody already pointed out, is probably either air or a monster. The problem is that if he has air, it's air with probably at least 6 outs and maybe as many as ten if he has a hand like J8 (or worse K5s).

Of course, all that goes out the window against an opponent capable four-betting on a bluff, but that opponent is few and far between and you usually know if you're up against one.

RED_RAIN
06-14-2005, 08:20 PM
With players who want to heavily want to take a pot off you, I would think this play would work less.