PDA

View Full Version : Pakistani protest?!?

IrishHand
01-12-2003, 06:43 PM
CNN.com story - Pakistan protests U.S. anti-terror policy (http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/south/01/11/pakistan.us/index.html)

In summary, the new Pakistani president is basically objecting to thePresident Bush's decision to require foreigners from certain countries (Iraq, Iran, Libya, Sudan, Syria, Afghanistan, Algeria, Lebanon, North Korea, Bahrain, Eritrea, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Somalia, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan) who are in the US to register with the INS. Apparently, his objection is related to the fact that the registration process involves the foreign nationals being fingerprinted, photographed and questioned.

I suppose he'd prefer we just go on not enforcing our immigration laws? Yeah...that's been working real well.

brad
01-13-2003, 10:40 AM
i heard they were protesting US policy to use military to 'get' al qeuda wherever they are , including pakistan.

so the story may be wrong, pakistan may be protesting US policy of crossing into pakistan militaryily in hit and run 'anti terror' operations.

my 2 cents