PDA

View Full Version : XPost due to HU....40/80 blind "war" vs. Angelina

DcifrThs
06-13-2005, 04:33 PM
folded to angelina in the sb (she is an excellent very winning player)

i have 7c6c in the bb and raise.

flop is QT5 she checks. plan for hand? give up easy here?

i bet she called.

turn is a 2 or some blank and she bets and i fold.

me default here is to simply check and bet if she checks and fold if she bets the flop...but i thought checking my big blind after she calls would give her too much info if i folded to her flop bet (which i very likely would given that the hands i dont raise with arn't very good)

thoughts on this situation or the scenario in general (very good player in sb, you're in bb)

-Barron

EDIT FOR SHHU: seems to me this will be occuring frequently and i would like to develop a good counter vs. this move.

note that schnieds does this alot (complete sb vs. great players) and having a counter or range of counters would help, not only vs. him, but to get a deeper understanding of thise situation so that i can apply either my own or others' concepts correctly.

for example, calling the sb, then calling the bbs raise, check calling any flop and betting any turn...that is one possible counter imo (obviously one that cannot be used a great deal.)

-Barron

DcifrThs
06-13-2005, 06:59 PM
god, why do you all expect me to just do all this thinking by myself?

-Barron

Anders_G
06-13-2005, 07:06 PM
this post could have been made a lot more clear. also, the topic suggests that this is a HU-game but you do write "folded to SB" /images/graemlins/confused.gif

DcifrThs
06-13-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this post could have been made a lot more clear. also, the topic suggests that this is a HU-game but you do write "folded to SB" /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yea sarcasm isn't all noted i guess...when it folds to the sb, there are only 2 players left and i consider that HU. otherwise, the button would be sb.

and sorry if the initial post wasn't clear, basically i just want to discuss bb play vs. great player in sb who completes a lot. and using this hand in particular, what is a good default (what i dont think i did here at all).? etc...

-Barron

Alobar
06-13-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
folded to angelina in the sb (she is an excellent very winning player)

i have 7c6c in the bb and raise.

flop is QT5 she checks. plan for hand? give up easy here?

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you raise in the BB with 76s if you had the intention of giving up on most flops?

edited to add: ok, I muddled through the post some more (its worded kinda confusingly IMO). So I see you explained it kinda. But I dont get it.

StellarWind
06-13-2005, 07:24 PM
76s is a pretty bad heads up hand.

If she had raised you would have called. Then when the flop was useless you would have folded.

Here she just completed and you are expressing concern about checking behind and then folding when the flop is useless.

How exactly is it a problem that you saved 1 SB and why do you need a remedy?

The issue with "completers" is that they may be expanding the range of hands they play and seeing flops they don't deserve to see. That's what you need to put a stop to.

I'm not really sure how your play of this hand accomplishes that.