PDA

View Full Version : PT - Are you winning in High Card and One Pair?

wpzone
06-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Ive done some searches and didnt find any screen shots of the MISC tab in PT. My concern is that through 30k hand in various limits, my High card and One Pair hands are big losers. Is everyone keeping these in the green?

Jakesta
06-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Hahahaha. Here's mine:

http://img245.echo.cx/img245/4749/ptscreenshot66ez.jpg

I'm a big loser with High card, One pair, and two pair hands. But my sample size is way too small.

I know that eventually my one pair and two pair hands will be green.

I am wondering though if other people are in the green with their high card hands after 10k-15k?

wpzone
06-13-2005, 04:10 PM
I thought mine would "eventually" go green also. Hasnt happened yet.

damaniac
06-13-2005, 04:13 PM
I suspect that one pair and high cards will not be winners. Remember, it calculates all cards on the board when determining your hand. So if you have a busted flush draw and the board has a pair of 2's on it and the river gets checked through, you "lose" with a pair, even though everyone in the hand had that pair. And you will see a showdown more often with busted draws where your opponent doesn't bet the river than you will win when you catch a bluff with high cards, hence why your high cards will be losers.

damaniac
06-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Also, I'm not sure if this is the case but I think it may count all times you have a pair, whether or not you are still in the hand, and deducts your losses from the total. I am not 100% sure though.

Catt
06-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Your one pair hands should be winning lots of money. Make sure you checked the box labeled "Only show hands not folded" above the stats on the right hand side. Otherwise, those stats include hands like: you limp 67s; flop is AKQ monotone not your suit; it is bet and raised in front of you and you fold; turn is x; river is 6; One villain wins, his flush beating a straight. Such a hand would show up as a losing one pair hand (amount is your limp) unless you have checked the box I refer to.

Jakesta
06-13-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your one pair hands should be winning lots of money. Make sure you checked the box labeled "Only show hands not folded" above the stats on the right hand side. Otherwise, those stats include hands like: you limp 67s; flop is AKQ monotone not your suit; it is bet and raised in front of you and you fold; turn is x; river is 6; One villain wins, his flush beating a straight. Such a hand would show up as a losing one pair hand (amount is your limp) unless you have checked the box I refer to.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW! Checking that box turned all my stats green except for high card.

wpzone
06-13-2005, 04:33 PM
AHA! Missed that filter. They are all green now, thx!

jay1313
06-13-2005, 04:36 PM
If I eliminate hands I folded, I am winning with high card and one pair. I think you can get too wrapped up in that stat, obviously, folding my 52x from the big blind after a flop of AQ5 with aggression is not a horrible move /images/graemlins/smile.gif

macdaddy991
06-13-2005, 04:48 PM
I got a free look in the BB with 35s but folded due to flop action. The turn and the river gave me a runner runner straight flush. My PT stats therefore tell me that I am in the red with straight flushes. I don't think you should worry too much about this stat.

Sasnak
06-13-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW! Checking that box turned all my stats green except for high card.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO! Got a kick out of your reply 'cuz I did the same thing quite some time back myself!

Sasnak
06-13-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got a free look in the BB with 35s but folded due to flop action. The turn and the river gave me a runner runner straight flush. My PT stats therefore tell me that I am in the red with straight flushes. I don't think you should worry too much about this stat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once while checking PT I noticed I was down for a straight flush, but couldn't remember ever hitting one! Went to the HH and replayed the hand only to see myself dump some suited junk preflop and by the time the hand played out I would have rivered a SF.

Now I call with all s00ted 3 gaps! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

topspin
06-13-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WOW! Checking that box turned all my stats green except for high card

[/ QUOTE ]

Tsk, tsk.

http://img234.echo.cx/img234/264/stats2ui.jpg

Clearly you're not protecting your A-high hands enough postflop.

( /images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

bozlax
06-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Let's see...with the "Show Only Hands That Were Not Folded" UNchecked, I have 10,447 high-card hands for a net amount of (3,397.39)...I have 20,159 one-pair hands for a net amount of (4,154.83)...and 8,862 two-pair hands for a net of (13.00)...all the rest are positive, including the $8.75 I won for my lone Royal.

Ok, now we check the box...510 high-card hands for a net of (250.15)...2,543 one-pair hands for a net of 1,398.80...and 1,932 two-pair hands for a net of 1,754.50. The Royal's still at $8.75, but apparently I've folded 5 hands that eventually turned into straight flushes (edit: all were folded preflop). Dammit.

THAT BOX IS MAGIC! Where's a box like that on my driving record?

topspin
06-13-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've folded 5 hands that eventually turned into straight flushes (edit: all were folded preflop). Dammit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Loosen up preflop. Folding those hands cuts significantly into your Party hat win rate.

tinhat
06-13-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Make sure you checked the box labeled "Only show hands not folded" above the stats on the right hand side. Otherwise,

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been curious about this for awhile and maybe you know - how come checking the box makes the "net amount" total skyrocket to like 10x what the total is without it (and indicating far more money than is in my account)? If it's the "net" amount then the times those hands lost should already have been factored in. I thought it might be "gross" but the column doesn't say that...

Mike

topspin
06-13-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been curious about this for awhile and maybe you know - how come checking the box makes the "net amount" total skyrocket to like 10x what the total is without it (and indicating far more money than is in my account)? If it's the "net" amount then the times those hands lost should already have been factored in. I thought it might be "gross" but the column doesn't say that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Net excludes the money that you put into the pot. Gross theoretically would include it, but PT doesn't include gross numbers anywhere AFAIK.

shadow29
06-13-2005, 07:05 PM
http://img254.echo.cx/img254/2391/win8gi.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Delphin
06-13-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the net amount that you have made in pots when you didn't fold. In other words, take all the hands you didn't fold and subtract the total amount you lost in the pots you didn't win at showdown from the amount you made (net, not total pot size) in the pots you did win and you'll get this number.

The difference between this number and the amount you actually won is the amount of money you put into pots and then ended up folding.

For example, a nut flush draw on the flop will come in by the river about 1/3 of the time. Say you played three of these hands (say you have Ah2h and the flop is Kh 9s 5h) and you make your flush once winning a 10BB pot (7BB net) and you lose 2.5BB twice. PT will show your net for these three hands as 2BB (the 7 you won - the 5 you lost), but that will increase to 7BB when you click "show only hands that weren't folded".

dozer
06-13-2005, 07:49 PM
http://img169.echo.cx/img169/3594/high8dc.jpg

woohoo! I showdown my High cards goot! /images/graemlins/grin.gif