PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Wednesdays.

lorinda
06-13-2005, 03:28 PM
At the risk of people working out who I am (I've already met one or two this week as I'm currently in Vegas) I thought I'd post about my old Lucky Wednesdays.

We used to play one MTT per day, with two on Wednesdays and Sundays, and none on Saturdays.
Wednesday was my lucky day. I told everyone Wednesday was my lucky day (Especially as I had two shots at being lucky) and constantly reminded them that I almost never folded my big blind on a Wednesday as Wednesday was so lucky for me.
We played tourneys of around 40 players from a pool of around 100, so everyone knew each other.

After two or three very unlucky Wednesdays, Wednesday became my biggest winning day by a long way and remained that way for many months.

Lori

gumpzilla
06-13-2005, 03:51 PM
When Banzan was walking through a market he overheard a conversation between a butcher and his customer.

"Give me the best piece of meat you have," said the customer.

"Everything in my shop is the best," replied the butcher. "You cannot find here any piece of meat that is not the best."

At these words Banzan became enlightened.

Irieguy
06-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Last night at the Palms I raised from UTG with aces. I was reraised some ridiculous amount by a loud, obnoxious player and I pushed all-in. He stood up from his seat and threw down his pocket nines, yelling "I know I'm behind, but I don't care because I always hit my set!" He called me and flopped a 9.

Irieguy

MastiffPaul
06-13-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At these words Banzan became enlightened.

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me a lot of Cat's Cradle for some reason.

MastiffPaul
06-13-2005, 04:28 PM
Obviously you should offer to buy this man's luckbox.

microbet
06-13-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At the risk of people working out who I am

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't really have been curious except for that, but I'm going to resist the temptation to google the heck out of you. I'll still probably ask Yugo if he knows anything on friday.

johnnybeef
06-13-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Last night at the Palms I raised from UTG with aces. I was reraised some ridiculous amount by a loud, obnoxious player and I pushed all-in. He stood up from his seat and threw down his pocket nines, yelling "I know I'm behind, but I don't care because I always hit my set!" He called me and flopped a 9.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]
*cough cough...badbeatpost..cough*

lorinda
06-13-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm a "nobody" but anyone who knew me would remember Wednesdays /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lori

NYCNative
06-14-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]The stuff of legends...