PDA

View Full Version : Drinking heavy and dark beers

steelcmg
06-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Im planning on losing some weight this summer and im a huge fan of microbeers. Is it possible to still lose about 20-30 pounds and still drink these heavy beers. (usually only on fridays and sats i drink about 8-20 between the 2 days) Or will i have to force myself to drink coors lite or miller lite.

Pocket Trips
06-13-2005, 03:07 PM
There is only so much one should be forced to sacrifice... If you are only drinking on weekends I don't think the difference between lite crappy beers and good dark beers will be enough to make or break your diet.. Yes you will be putting in a few extra calories but not enough to make that drastic of a switch

jakethebake
06-13-2005, 03:10 PM
Many battles have been fought and won by soldiers
nourished on beer. --Frederick the Great of Prussia

His Majesty was brought up on beer, and so were both his ancestors and officers. Many battles have been fought and won by soldiers nourished on beer, and the King does not believe that coffee-drinking soldiers can be relied upon to endure hardships in case of another war."
Frederick the Great of Prussia (1777)

steelcmg
06-13-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

His Majesty was brought up on beer, and so were both his ancestors and officers. Many battles have been fought and won by soldiers nourished on beer, and the King does not believe that coffee-drinking soldiers can be relied upon to endure hardships in case of another war."

[/ QUOTE ]

Im guessing that means screw the diet and drink the good beer?

jakethebake
06-13-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about the dropping weight thing, but I guess I meant that drinking beer won't prevent you from being in good shape if you work at that.

Aces McGee
06-13-2005, 03:21 PM
Stout beers (is that what you meant by "dark" or "heavy"?)often have lower alcohol content, and therefore lower calorie content. I'm not sure it's as low as "lite" beers, though.

Not very helpful, huh?

-McGee

steelcmg
06-13-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about the dropping weight thing, but I guess I meant that drinking beer won't prevent you from being in good shape if you work at that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok i get ya now. Im goin to take a friends advice and start running 1-3 miles a day whereing a sweat shirt and another shirt to make me sweat the weight off. I still think i may cut back on some of the heavy beer for the time being.

steelcmg
06-13-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stout beers (is that what you meant by "dark" or "heavy"?)often have lower alcohol content, and therefore lower calorie content. I'm not sure it's as low as "lite" beers, though.

Not very helpful, huh?

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes stout beers is what i ment. Im pretty sure they may be really high in calories not 100% sure but i know i get full alot faster from them then lite beers. Screw it i might just start drinking shots again so i dont have to worry about it. Time to break out the everclear 190 proof baby.

hoopsie44
06-13-2005, 03:25 PM
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
- Ben Franklin

RunDownHouse
06-13-2005, 03:26 PM
I don't think losing water weight (the wearing sweatshirts part) is as important as burning calories (the running part).

Aces McGee
06-13-2005, 03:28 PM
Meh, I was kinda wrong. It really mainly depends on the alcohol content of the beer.

-McGee

Blarg
06-13-2005, 03:29 PM
How much do you want to exercise?

ceyoung
06-13-2005, 03:44 PM
alcohol depresses your metabolism. so you'll just have to run more to keep your metabolism high. but as long as you eat less to substitute for the beer calories, it can be done.

Blarg
06-13-2005, 03:44 PM
Sweating weight off is pointless unless you're trying to make your weight limit for a boxing match or something. It'll come right back as soon as you drink a glass of water.

Getting overheated while you exercise isn't a good idea.

Just do the normal stuff, not the nutty stuff.