PDA

View Full Version : K-Qs push

slupo
06-13-2005, 02:09 PM
2-5 NLHE

Big stack - $1700(?)
This guy is not a good player but he's been catching cards and winning. Somewhat loose/aggressive. Not much more of a read than that.
Me - $150
UTG - irrelevant

UTG calls
Fold to me. I have K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the button. I raise to 20.

Big stack in big blind calls. UTG calls.

(62) Flop: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Big stack bets 40.

UTG folds.

I push ($130).

Thoughts?

DcifrThs
06-13-2005, 02:16 PM
1: wrong forum
2: bad push...

this is a classic situation (in my limit knowledge of NL play) where you are inducing the bb to play correctly. he'll fold the stuff he'd bet again on the turn or river and call with the ace. either way he's right and you're wrong. it seems though that he does not indeed have an unless hes good enough to realize that UTG will call and you raise and thus he and utg will call again which would maximize the amount he get if he knew he had the virtual nuts.

but his bet screams something weaker like a pair that woudl get you to fold a K or maybe define your hand when you raise (if you do)

so i call here and just call him down and check the turn if he checks and put in a reasonable value bet on the river if he checks again...

note: folding is not really in my game plan here, mostly because you are so shortstacked relative to the blinds.

-Barron

daryn
06-13-2005, 02:16 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. post this in the NL forum

slupo
06-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Oops my bad