PDA

View Full Version : NFL Sunday Ticket

trevorwc
06-13-2005, 01:12 PM
Is it too early to be getting excited about this?

100+ games in HD
2 channels of the Sunday Mix
Red Zone channel

How did I enjoy watching football before all of this stuff?

bosoxfan
06-13-2005, 01:28 PM
As a reminder for me to renew my subsribtion they sent me a penalty flag which I got this weekend. I can use it to throw at people who stand in front of the TV and stuff like that. I thought it was a pretty good idea.

wayabvpar
06-13-2005, 01:31 PM
I was so excited last year when I moved to a new apartment. The old place faced north, so I couldn't get satellite TV (needs to face SSE from where I am). I thought it had to face SSW, so my new west-facing apartment brought new hope. The guy shows up, calls me and tells me he can't install it. BUGGER!!!!

The whole reason I did it was to get Sunday Ticket. My only hope now is to for Comcast or someone to buy DirectTV out and put it on cable. GRRRRRR.

trevorwc
06-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Or you could just move again. That's what I'd do.

guller
06-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Is Sunday Ticket in HD now? I used to have DTV with the Ticket until I switched to Voom for more HD. I currently have HD cable now but it pretty much sucks. If the ticket is in HD now I'm definately signing up again.

trevorwc
06-13-2005, 10:57 PM
Not every game is in HD this year, but they say "100 plus". So, over the course of 17 weeks that's about 6 per week in HD. That does not include SNF and MNF, which are also in HD, and obviously not on the ticket. So you'll be looking at 8 games per week in HD, about half the slate.

BWebb
06-14-2005, 12:26 AM
The 8 games on one screen feature is going to be awesome. I won't have to flip through the channels to see how my fantasy squad players are doing. I can't wait for football season.

wonderwes
06-14-2005, 01:28 AM
DirecTV > Cable.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-14-2005, 10:08 AM
The only reason I have DirecTv is because those fuckers went and bought up exclusive rights to the NFL Sunday Ticket. I think I'd rather have digital cable, but really I'm not that huge on tv any more anyway. I just want to see my damned Vikings.

Los Feliz Slim
06-14-2005, 10:13 AM
The commercial is very strange.

Shajen
06-14-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only reason I have DirecTv is because those fuckers went and bought up exclusive rights to the NFL Sunday Ticket. I think I'd rather have digital cable, but really I'm not that huge on tv any more anyway. I just want to see my damned Bears...without sitting in some bar spending 5 to 10 times what I would at home, hanging with my buds.

[/ QUOTE ]

MYP.

bosoxfan
06-14-2005, 10:54 AM
I have digital cable and the only programing I get on DirecTv is the Sunday ticket.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-14-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have digital cable and the only programing I get on DirecTv is the Sunday ticket.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can get just the Sunday Ticket? Is it more expensive than if you already have DirecTv?

bosoxfan
06-14-2005, 12:32 PM
it's the same price. My wife didn't like DirecTv back when you couldn't get local channels. I called and cancelled and the following year they sent me a bill for the Sunday ticket. I called and said I had cancelled and they told me I could still get it without any other programming. So i was pissed at my wife for 5 months about nothing.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-14-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's the same price. My wife didn't like DirecTv back when you couldn't get local channels. I called and cancelled and the following year they sent me a bill for the Sunday ticket. I called and said I had cancelled and they told me I could still get it without any other programming. So i was pissed at my wife for 5 months about nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome. I AM FREE! FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST! Well, DirecTv really isn't that bad, but I think I'll check this out. I think the final word will really be with the TiVo situation. It's all about the TiVo, so I'm going to have to see how the different options compare between the two. Thanks!

bosoxfan
06-14-2005, 12:39 PM
I never had Tivo but I have no complaints about DVR we get through Charter.

wayabvpar
06-14-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to know. Someday I will have a place that faces the right freakin' direction.

trevorwc
06-14-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The 8 games on one screen feature is going to be awesome. I won't have to flip through the channels to see how my fantasy squad players are doing. I can't wait for football season.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm planning to hook up a second DirecTV receiver to my big screen TV during the football season, then split the screen. Sunday Mix 1 on one side, Sunday Mix 2 on the other side. Every game on the screen at once.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-14-2005, 01:15 PM
This should be pretty sweet. I'd like to see them make it so you can choose which games you want shown at the same time and allow you to pick 2, 3, 4, up to 8 or whatever, however you want. I really don't need to be watching 8 games at once and I just know that when I want to watch something like 3 at once, that two of them will be on one of the mix channels and the third will be on the other.

trevorwc
06-14-2005, 01:24 PM
The info I was sent says that you'll need an "interactive receiver" to utilize all of the features of the Sunday Mix. That gives me the impression that you MIGHT be able to pick which games you want and how many you want. However, I have no idea what an interactive receiver is.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-14-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The info I was sent says that you'll need an "interactive receiver" to utilize all of the features of the Sunday Mix. That gives me the impression that you MIGHT be able to pick which games you want and how many you want. However, I have no idea what an interactive receiver is.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd imagine it's one connected to a phone line. In that case, I'm [censored] because my POS receiver won't recognize that it's connected to the phone line.

Soul Daddy
06-14-2005, 01:28 PM
The Game Mix looks pretty cool, but it will just end up making me pay less attention to the games I'm watching. But I'm still interested. What exactly is an interactive receiver?

Edit: Above offers a possibility, can anyone confirm? I need to do some repair if this is the case.