PDA

View Full Version : Interest List: 2+2 STT Forum Heads-Up Championship

Irieguy
06-13-2005, 12:43 PM
I am thinking about organizing a Heads-Up tournament here in Vegas later this summer. It will mainly be a weekend-long party interspersed with some heads-up poker matches. If I can get 16 players, I'll do it for sure and make it a big deal. If I can get 8 players, I'll do it for sure and it will be a small deal. If it's just me and Zen I'll still do it, but I won't spring for the beer.

Here's what I had in mind:

You show up in Vegas with your Bad Self, some $$$, and 100 poker chips. The format will be double-elimination bracket play with a winner-take-all prize pool. You will play heads-up pot-limit hold'em with the blinds starting at 1/2 chips and going up every 15 minutes. You are eliminated from the tournament when you lose 2 matches. Yugo, when you go uno-dos-adios there will plenty of alcohol, side-action SNGs, and challenge matches going on the rest of the weekend.

The reason why the game is going to be pot limit holdem is because it's the best test of skill. You have to know how to play the turn, and I don't want the winner to simply be the biggest luckbox... that's what the WPT is for. If you don't know how to play pot limit, you can learn. It'll be good for your game.

I want the buy-in to be accessible to the low limit players, but worth it for those who will be traveling. So, there will be two different buy-in levels: $200 and $500. If a $500 buy-in player wins, he or she gets the whole purse. If a $200 buy-in player wins, he or she gets $200 x the number of entrants and the remainder goes to the house. (Just kidding. The two highest-finishing $500 players will have a match for the rest of the prize pool.)

I will supply the beer, food, the cards, the timers, the organization, and the facility. I can also supply lodging for probably 3 players. Rooms are cheap in Vegas during the summer anyways. All you have to bring is your buy-in and 100 poker chips.

I will be planning this for a weekend in August or September, and would like for it to become an annual event.

Please PM me and reply to this thread if you are interested and feel that you are more than 50% likely to make it. I will cap the field at 16 players and will start accepting entry fees when the interest list reaches 8 players. The first 16 people that pay are in (me, zen, skipper, and raptor are already entered.)

This might be a whole lot of fun.

Irieguy

PS- somebody AIM Yugo with this information since that pinko-commie-[censored] doesn't read the forum anymore.

Phil Van Sexton
06-13-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The reason why the game is going to be pot limit holdem is because it's the best test of skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Block-Limit Holdem is the greatest test of skill.

curtains
06-13-2005, 12:52 PM
I would play if it were online even though my lifetime record playing headsup against 2+2'ers is about 0/567

wuwei
06-13-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The reason why the game is going to be pot limit holdem is because it's the best test of skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's good humor!

I'm intrigued by the idea, Irie.

Irieguy
06-13-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A good pot limit player can manipulate his opponents into playing pretty close to block-limit if he wants, whereas the converse is not true.

Irieguy

Sorry Phil, missed your keen gigawit. I thought you were referring to what is commonly called "spread-limit," which some people called "block-limit" during my brief travels through the Southern card rooms.

45suited
06-13-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want the winner to simply be the biggest luckbox...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounded like fun up until that point... You lost me right there. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Bigwig
06-13-2005, 01:56 PM
I'd do it online.

In fact, we should have a 2+2 WSOP in the fall or winter on Stars. Omaha, Stud, NLHE, PLHE, the works.

Curtains can organize it.

zipppy
06-13-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I want the buy-in to be accessible to the low limit players, but worth it for those who will be traveling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't it be better for traveling players if the buyin was small, since they're already incurring traveling expenses? Oh...the traveling people are supposed to be able to win. Crap, I'm out.
>>>ZIPPPY

Unarmed
06-13-2005, 02:05 PM
In.
You're all dead. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
PS- somebody AIM Yugo with this information since that pinko-commie-[censored] doesn't read the forum anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done.

reecelights
06-13-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't he busy giving Gigabet backrubs and foot massages at the Rio?

If I lived closer I'd be happy to donate my $200 to those of you who have helped my game so much. Sounds like a great idea...I might have to try it with friends out East.

microbet
06-13-2005, 02:11 PM
Sounds great, but I probably can't make it. Let us know when it fill up.

Newt_Buggs
06-13-2005, 02:20 PM
I would do this, but I suck at HU and have never played PL. If I'm on a hot streak with money to burn, in vegas when you guys are doing this, and there's still space then count me in.....

adanthar
06-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Man, these last two months have really made me want to go to Vegas, but that'd just be such a bad idea right now /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Have fun - maybe next time.

ilya
06-13-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm a good 60-65% in.

DonButtons
06-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Im definitly in.

Irieguy
06-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Interest list so far:

Skipperbob
Mcpherzen
Raptor
Unarmed
Ilya
Don Buttons
Irieguy

As soon as I get one more "definite" we will pick a weekend and start planning. Casa de Irie is full.

Irieguy

raptor517
06-13-2005, 07:02 PM
so i see you just automatically assume raptor is in. what if i dont think its worth the plane travel to pwn all you suckers heads up? hmmmmmm? ever heard of that???? holla

Slim Pickens
06-13-2005, 07:07 PM
How insightful a commentary about why I'm dead money will $200 of dead money buy me?

Slim

EDIT: Eh, I'm in. I might be able to accomodate someone else to at my place depending on what weekend. Raptor might want to hang with the group of 12-year-olds who ride their minibikes all weekend across the street from my house.

wuwei
06-13-2005, 09:03 PM
I'm as definite as Ilya... 60-70%. Unless it's a weekend I'm already busy, I'm there.

skipperbob
06-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Don't worry Cowboy; if WYNN doesn't send the Jet, we will /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Apathy
06-13-2005, 09:34 PM
Very interested for end of august/first week of september, it would depend on the weekend for me though.

ClaytonN
06-13-2005, 09:42 PM
I'd do it if it was online, not making a plane trip for something like this though as I have zero intentions to make the trip to Las Vegas notwithstanding.

Irieguy
06-14-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Interest list so far:

Skipperbob
Mcpherzen
Raptor
Unarmed
Ilya
Don Buttons
Irieguy

As soon as I get one more "definite" we will pick a weekend and start planning. Casa de Irie is full.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Wuwei, BigLimpin, Apathy, Slim, and JohnnyBeef all seem serious, too. So, it looks like this is going to happen and probably sell out at 16.

Please vote on a date if you want to come:

8/6-8/7
8/13-8/14
9/3-9/4 (labor day weekend)

This is going to be a blast. I hope we can get a date that allows everybody who's serious to make it.

Irieguy

TheUsher
06-14-2005, 01:39 AM
Gimme gimme. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Just noticed this post, so if there's still a spot, count me in.

johnnybeef
06-14-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gimme gimme. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Just noticed this post, so if there's still a spot, count me in.

[/ QUOTE ]

im only playing if usher is...so if you want this to be entertaining..........

Daliman
06-14-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I would play if it were online even though my lifetime record playing headsup against 2+2'ers is about 0/567

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. You have beaten me twice in our 7 matches.

Of course, I had to show you every hand I was bluffing afterwards to give you an Idea of how I play, but that's besides the point.

Don't sell yourself short. You're a tremendous slouch.

Daliman
06-14-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Interest list so far:

Skipperbob <font color="red"> Decrepit Donkey </font>
Mcpherzen <font color="red"> George Michael looking Donkey </font>
Raptor <font color="red"> Underage Donkey </font>
Unarmed <font color="red"> Unknown Donkey </font>
Ilya <font color="red"> Russian Donkey </font>
Don Buttons <font color="red"> SNG Donkey </font>
Irieguy <font color="red"> Doctor Donkey </font>

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Giddyup. Pick a weekend, and Dalifamily will make every effort. <font color="red"> DaliDonkey </font>

P.S. Labor day weekend probably best for me.

eastbay
06-14-2005, 02:32 AM
Interest for Aug. but I'll be traveling in Sept.

eastbay

TheUsher
06-14-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Interest list so far:

Skipperbob <font color="red"> Decrepit Donkey </font>
Mcpherzen <font color="red"> George Michael looking Donkey </font>
Raptor <font color="red"> Underage Donkey </font>
Unarmed <font color="red"> Unknown Donkey </font>
Ilya <font color="red"> Russian Donkey </font>
Don Buttons <font color="red"> SNG Donkey </font>
Irieguy <font color="red"> Doctor Donkey </font>

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Giddyup. Pick a weekend, and Dalifamily will make every effort. <font color="red"> DaliDonkey </font>

P.S. Labor day weekend probably best for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

We need to do some HU bowling matches too. Right Dali? I need some more money to blow at the clubs, hopefully you won't mind contributing. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

johnnybeef
06-14-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Mcpherzen George Michael looking Donkey

[/ QUOTE ]

boy i gotta tell you dali, you're not funny very often, but when you are you hit some home runs my friend.

i cant find the thread with the pic of zen in it....someone please help me out on this one guys

Daliman
06-14-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We need to do some HU bowling matches too. Right Dali? I need some more money to blow at the clubs, hopefully you won't mind contributing.

[/ QUOTE ]

We bowl again, I'm bringing my equipment, giving you 50 pins, and CRUSHING you.

TheUsher
06-14-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We need to do some HU bowling matches too. Right Dali? I need some more money to blow at the clubs, hopefully you won't mind contributing.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say the same thing if I was the one who lost wait what was it, 4 times in a row to someone that never bowls. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

skipperbob
06-14-2005, 07:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
8/6-8/7
8/13-8/14
9/3-9/4 (labor day weekend

[/ QUOTE ]

I vote 4 Labor Day; but So.Cal, players need to time driving times carefully /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

raptor517
06-14-2005, 08:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i cant wait to take a pic of dali wearing his bowling glove and shirt with his lil short jean shorts and argyle shin socks. BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHA

iMsoLucky0
06-14-2005, 09:31 AM
I would love to play in this. Depending on the weekend I'll be there. Is there no chance of starting this early and having it during the WSOP? Thats the next time I will for sure be in vegas, and that would be a great overlap /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regardless, as soon as you guys decide on a weekend I'll see if I can make it.

John Hurst
06-14-2005, 10:57 AM
Just catching up on my 2+2 reading after another weekend in Vegas. I'm in as long as there is no conflict during the selected weekend.

Daliman
06-14-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i cant wait to take a pic of dali wearing his bowling glove and shirt with his lil short jean shorts and argyle shin socks. BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHA

[/ QUOTE ]

Not anymore.
Maybe
Probably
no.

SlackerMcFly
06-14-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mcpherzen George Michael looking Donkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Try Here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=2598159&amp;page=15&amp;view= collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=31&amp;vc=1)

SlackerMcF'nFly - Who is still working on the trip report...

stupidsucker
06-14-2005, 01:20 PM
I am in depending on the weekend picked.

I think the only time I have is within the first 3 weeks of August... depending on some factors... One of those factors is BR. I would like to be able to bring a grand for side games...