PDA

View Full Version : River line?

theghost
06-13-2005, 12:18 PM
villain hasn't done anything fantastically smart or stupid yet to grab my attention while 4-tabling:

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero ...

Jaran
06-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Hmmmmmmm. I think you'll see some sort of T here (AT,KT) enough times to make a 3bet profitable, but I think it's pretty close. Gonna think on it a bit, maybe even try some math /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

-Jaran

silkyslim
06-13-2005, 12:32 PM
I would 3-bet. There is no flush. I put villian on a smaller straight or 3 tens. The only thing you need to worry about is a full boat which is unlikely.

karitek
06-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Reads? Even PT stats help. We need to know how loose is cold-calling standards are.

I think I'd 3-bet. The only hands you lose to are 88-TT, and I think he'd probably wait til the turn to raise those.
He's much more likely to have KTs, AT, or QJs.

theghost
06-13-2005, 12:41 PM
How do you get cold calling stats from PT?

Jaran
06-13-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only hands you lose to are 88-TT, and I think he'd probably wait til the turn to raise those.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, what about 8T/9T/JT?

-Jaran

imported_The Vibesman
06-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Rough one. Initially I wanted to raise, thinking you could see A-10 and 6-7 or 7-8 a good amount of the time here. But in this particular hand I think the connectedness of the board makes a full house more likely, what with the people playing the JT's and the 9-T's and the hands of this nature. Given that I may just call.

edit: certainly wouldn't fold. I don't even really consider that an option here.

Fantam
06-13-2005, 12:44 PM
I think that you should have called this river raise.

I think the most likely hands that MP1 might have called your PF raise with, that make sense with the rest of his play during the hand are medium pocket pairs like 88 or 99, or perhaps something like JTs.

MP1 must have been aware of the straight possibility from the flop, but he has bet or raised whenever possible on every street since.

I strongly suspect that MP1 has a full-house here and so I would call the river instead of 3-betting your straight. I certainly wouldnt fold to his river raise though, because I think that the pot has become too big to risk losing to a bluff or weaker hand, such as trip T's.

karitek
06-13-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only hands you lose to are 88-TT, and I think he'd probably wait til the turn to raise those.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, what about 8T/9T/JT?

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I said we needed to know his stats. Against an unknown, I don't think I'd put him on those hands (he cold-called preflop).

atnels
06-13-2005, 12:46 PM
My guts says just call this. I think it has to be pretty close if villain is reasonable. Presumably, your bet out on the river and the 4-to-a-straight board says you have a chunk of it. His raise says he doesn't care, or doesn't believe you.

He just called your preflop raise, so if he's loose 88 &amp; 99 are possible along with broadways. If he's tight, JJ or TT are possible. Along those lines, if he's tight enough not to reraise w/AA,KK,or QQ I'm guessing he's not raising the coordinated flop.

You're losing to:
88 (3 ways)
99 (3w)
T8 (6w)
T9 (6w)
JT (6w)
JJ (3w)
TT (1w)

Total = 25

Somewhat logical hands you beat, given action
AT (8w)
KT (8w)
QT (8w)
J7 (12w) (pretty doubtful given preflop CC, river raise)
67 (16w) (doubtful given preflop CC, river raise)

Total = 52, discounted to say 32

You split with KQ (9 ways) but that's pretty unlikely given the flop raise unless villain is super-aggressive.

This isn't meant as anything other than a rough estimate of the general range of hands, but I think it's close without a read. All the possibilities of hands you beat almost have to slow down given the river card, and it's heads-up. If there was a third L/P tagging along, I'd reraise easily. But, I think HU calling is okay. Nice hand.

Bodhi
06-13-2005, 01:28 PM
I'm 3-betting this because your typical party player would wait for the turn to raise with a set or a hand that would typically make boat. If I have to pay off a boat with my straight, then so be it.

Bodhi
06-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Paying off these hands in this scenario is part of the game. You went to the turn trying to make a hand and you made one. Put the money in.

theghost
06-13-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 3-betting this

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too:

River: (8.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>...

[ QUOTE ]
If I have to pay off a boat with my straight, then so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too:

...<font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kd Qd (straight, king high).
MP1 has 9c 9h (full house, nines full of tens).
Outcome: MP1 wins 16.75 BB. </font>

And I'd do it again.