PDA

View Full Version : I sparred this guy today...

zuluking
06-13-2005, 10:39 AM
...and he kicked my ass. I have so much to learn. (No...not the old guy on the left).

http://www.jandpphotos.com/Coushtta%20V%20weigh-%20ins%20P%20042.jpg

jakethebake
06-13-2005, 10:44 AM
Why does your gym have a set of drums?

zuluking
06-13-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why does your gym have a set of drums?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pic taken at one of Chad's fights last year, I guess there was a band in the back of the arena.

Yeti
06-13-2005, 10:46 AM
No shame in losing to the Hoff, bro.

Diplomat
06-13-2005, 11:17 AM
That's ok. The old guy would probably kick my ass too.

-Diplomat

jakethebake
06-13-2005, 11:23 AM
I fought this guy once.

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Media/RayOliveira_BIG.jpg

asofel
06-13-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I fought this guy once.

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Media/RayOliveira_BIG.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

stick it in his pooper?

jakethebake
06-13-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
stick it in his pooper?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. He stuck it in my eye for three rounds. Easily the most times I was ever hit in 9 minutes. Just little pitty-pat jabs but damn there were a lot of them. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

zuluking
06-13-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nah. He stuck it in my eye for three rounds. Easily the most times I was ever hit in 9 minutes. Just little pitty-pat jabs but damn there were a lot of them. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Its amazing how jarring those "puny" jabs feel after awhile.

jakethebake
06-13-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about "jarring" but they're definitely mighty distracting. No, sir, I didn't enjoy that fight one bit. At least I fared better than my buddy that got knocked cuckoo that day though.

asofel
06-13-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about "jarring" but they're definitely mighty distracting. No, sir, I didn't enjoy that fight one bit. At least I fared better than my buddy that got knocked cuckoo that day though.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah....so he stuck it in your eye jake? sounds like a new cliche brewing...

"so i like this girl and want to know what to do next?"

"stick it in her eye..."

how'd this fight come about anyway?

jakethebake
06-13-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how'd this fight come about anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just an amateur fight. I think it was like western states regionals or something. He turned out to make a pretty good pro. He was never quite top tier, but he was ranked and fought for a number of titles.

I fought a guy named Tony Gonzales too who was pretty good. He was an olympic alternate in 1988.

mcb
06-13-2005, 12:49 PM
I used to train with Team Cannon in detroit. Always told Rydell he needed to get in shape. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif He got waxed by J.Toney after switching trainers and fell off. City of Detroit ruined the team.