PDA

View Full Version : Flush Draw vs. Flush Draw at $10/$20

Roland
06-13-2005, 07:31 AM
Villain in this hand was raisingguy, who is – almost – solid. My only question really is about the call on 4th – although his draw is slightly dead, I’m clearly drawing to the second best hand (he would complete with split queens) and there’s very little money in the pot. Not sure about 5th street either – no way he has trips, but the pot is still very small. Time to bail?
He rivered the Ah, of course.

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in
Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

4th Street - (1.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

5th Street - (1.75 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

6th Street - (3.75 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

River - (5.75 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___bets
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

Total pot: (7.75 BB)

Results:
Main Pot: $152 | Rake: $3

vintage_sara
06-13-2005, 10:13 AM
almost solid? I definitely play past fourth. If he's almost solid maybe he is play KQJ here rainbow or a baby pair. And on fifth you have an openended straight with a four flush with your 10s, 5s and spades live. Nothing wrong here. I just resign myself to giving them a temporary loan if they win. Wow the ace. damn! Only one of two cards that beat you on the river. the K (h) being the other.

Bartholow
06-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Looks standard to me. You definitely have enough equity to call 4th and 5th.

Roland
06-14-2005, 01:05 AM
I called him almost solid because I’ve seen him play some really questionable hands on occasion (like a semi-dead split fours with an ace kicker first in). But this table was pretty tight, so I think he would have raised with a buried medium pair he wanted to play. (especially since the player holding the ace was percy, who probably isn’t going to get tricky here).
JKQ is a possibility, but I think he would raise with that too. If he didn’t raise, he’s probably check-folding on 4th.
So I was pretty sure he had a flush draw.

Andy B
06-14-2005, 01:14 AM
I think you played it right.

vintage_sara
06-14-2005, 08:43 AM
two hearts out and he's limping with an ace behind him in a tight game. Almost solid is a correct characterization. I still play.

BeerMoney
06-14-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
two hearts out and he's limping with an ace behind him in a tight game. Almost solid is a correct characterization. I still play.

[/ QUOTE ]

My opinion of raising guy has diminished somewhat. I've seen him turn over some yucky hands recently.