PDA

View Full Version : Spot That is Killing Me Lately

Sluss
06-13-2005, 06:20 AM
Mid tourney, still 60 away from the money. I've been at the table for about 15 hands and the villan has made one blind steal in the only hand he played. I have also only made one blind steal. This has been the standard p-flop raise.

Seat 1: MP ($4,590 in chips)
Seat 2: HERO [10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,J /images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($5,775 in chips)
Seat 3: MP3 ($5,848 in chips)
Seat 4: CO+1 ($4,800 in chips)
Seat 5: CO ($11,095 in chips)
Seat 6: BUTTON ($4,070 in chips)
Seat 7: SB ($2,740 in chips)
Seat 8: BB ($10,279 in chips)
Seat 9: UTG ($5,717 in chips)
Seat 10: UTG+1 ($8,890 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
SB posts blind ($150), BB posts blind ($300). No antes

PRE-FLOP
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP folds, HERO bets $750, MP2 calls $750, CO+1 folds, CO folds, BUTTON folds, SB calls $600, BB folds.

FLOP (pot 2550) [board cards 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif,10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
SB checks, HERO bets $1,000, MP2 calls $1,000, SB folds.

TURN (pot 4550)[board cards 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif,10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
HERO?

Sluss
06-13-2005, 03:27 PM
um....bump? Do I just ask bad questions? I feel no love /images/graemlins/frown.gif

People_Mover
06-13-2005, 03:30 PM
I think I check and hope not to get bet into, but I think you are behind

A_PLUS
06-13-2005, 03:36 PM
You dug yourself in pretty deep here. I dont like your preflop bet here. Everyone looks a little deep for the 2.5xBB steal.

After that, I think you need to tick up your flop bet. MP2 could call that bet with an underpair or two overcards and not be making a terrible mistake. I think 1500-2000 defines both of your hands much better. That being said, you are in a tough spot here. I think 2K, or check and hope for a check behind (which you might get if he has an underpair or AK and is passive). Im not convinced you are behind here though.

basically I just said....tough spot, I have no idea what to do here. Just wanted to show some love

schwza
06-13-2005, 03:46 PM
i would plan on getting all the chips in. you have too much hand to fold with these stacks, and you're going to stack off every time you're behind, so you may as well see if he'll go to the felt with worse (T9/T8/99/88,A7). i'd bet 2k now. check an overcard (hope that he is scared into checking if he does have a hand like AT/JJ) and push if it's an under. it's not pretty, but it's my line.

i agree with the other poster who said to bet more on the flop.

locutus2002
06-13-2005, 03:53 PM
I would bet T2000 (~50% of your stack).

I don't see that you can fold top pair here as villain can get here with AQ, AK, 88, 99 as well as AA,KK,QQ,JJ and a better T.

I don't like opening JTs in front. It's vulnerable.

Sluss
06-13-2005, 03:53 PM
We're about 7 minutes into this blind level and 750 has taken down most steals.

I'm not a big fan of the flop bet, the SB has 2000 left after checking. I'm almost trying to drive out MP and get the SB to push (because I really think I'm ahead of him).

What I'm trying to do is figure a range for MP. He cold calls pre-flop then calls my bet on the flop. Looks like he could have a big pair here. AA KK QQ JJ But I also can't rule out AK, AQ or 99. If he has the case 10s I'm running worse than I think.

Sluss
06-13-2005, 04:56 PM
I really donked the turn. I bet 2k he pushed I folded! /images/graemlins/confused.gif Then he flashes an J10o. I then proceeded to projectile vomit all over the wall and milked a short stack for the next 20 minutes until I lost an 98 vs KJ.

Normally, I would push the turn here. I'm just trying to figure if I'm being too results oriented. I've been running real bad for the past month. And in this spot I've been shown a higher pair about 50% of the time and a worse hand (that sucks out on river) the other half of the time.

One of the things I've been working on is paying attention to my reads. Is it possible he has a bigger pair? I think I scared myself away from my normal move here. A sign that I'm letting it get to me.

ajmargarine
06-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Tough, tough spot. I can't see MP cold calling pf with AA or KK here. He may have overs...AK AQ KQ. He may have you beat with QQ JJ 66 33 better 10. You may have him dominated with AJ KJ QJ A6 or smaller pockets. I think you have to plan to bet both the flop and the turn here. And bet enough on the flop, to drive someone out. I don't see the problem with moderation here.......

(leaves, comes back 5 minutes later)

I see problems everywhere...the key is you don't want to lose your stack if he's better; and to win as much as you can if you're better. Simple. /images/graemlins/wink.gif I think both of your hands are basically made right now, and you got what you got. But, I have no answer for you, because I have trouble with these kinds of hands also. I see the merits of T2000 on the flop, then push on the turn. My line would be more along the lines of T800 flop, T1200 turn. But I have trouble with these kind of hands and maybe need a better line.

--aj