PDA

View Full Version : 99 vs PF raiser on A-flop. Proper play?

Akimka
06-13-2005, 05:06 AM
Villians is standard low-limit players (loose and passive).

Cold-call is OK?
What about flop? What to do here? How would you play it?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (4.70 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (6.70 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 10.70 BB

thesharpie
06-13-2005, 05:09 AM
I would reraise or fold preflop. Fold against your standard loose passive.

I play postflop the same.

Webster
06-13-2005, 07:12 AM
99 is about the lowest I would go cold calling with only 2 others in the pot.

You played it right - you missed, get out espicially with an Ace. Don't feel like a wimp. Is it a battle you REALLY want to get in?

Grinders Warehouse BLOG Edition (http://www.grinderswarehouse.com)

Fantam
06-13-2005, 08:50 AM
I think its a close decision between folding,calling and raising PF.

I think the option I prefer best is reraising, as MP1 could be raising with a wide range of hands if he is position aware, or even if he is just a loose raiser.

However, if you considered MP1 to be a tight PF raiser, then I would probably fold.

I agree with your decision to fold on the flop. The A makes it very likely that you are beaten by a lot of hands that MP1 could easily hold: AA - TT, AK,AQ,AJ and ATs.

Also there is UTG to consider who may have something like a flush draw or Ax.

The pot is not that big on the flop, and your chances of winning are slim. So I think your fold was correct.