PDA

View Full Version : 10k PT hand checkup

MiguelSanchez
06-13-2005, 03:57 AM
Just wondering if there were any obvious leaks (or possible leaks) in my game. Of the 10k hands, the last 7.5k are at party where my BB/100 is about 2.5. Before that I was just bonus whoring at Poker Room, Absolute, UB, etc., and really feel like I've learned a lot in the last few months from reading SSHE and these forums. I'd like to eventually move up to 2/4 (and probably stay there since I just don't have the time to put in, being a full time student), since I think with a decent win rate and bonus whoring I can afford to eat a little more often.

Biggest winners are pretty standard, AA, KK, AQs, JJ, AKs.
Biggest losers are AJs, 33, 65s, but I'm not too worried about those since he hands I've lost I don't think I made mistakes (losing flush to boat etc.)

From reading other posts, my VPIP could be higher, but I'm not sure what to add. I'm mostly playing by SSHE's preflop recommendations, using loose or tight hands depending on the table and the action before me.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b166/mgchan/ptrack.jpg

Jakesta
06-13-2005, 04:08 AM
I don't see why your aggression increases from the flop to the turn to the river. I think that it should be going the other way(ie more aggressive on the flop, then tapering downward on the turn and then more on the river).

SoftcoreRevolt
06-13-2005, 04:12 AM
This mostly happens at .5/1 when someone has a 21%~ VPIP and thus plays a lot of drawing hands which leads to them calling more on the flop and raising more on later streets when they hit.

Here with only a 17 VPIP I am a bit confused as to why this happens. Perhaps it is a scaled down version of what I mentioned, except you aren't playing your big draws aggressively enough.

Jakesta
06-13-2005, 04:14 AM
But if they are playing a lot of drawing hands at loose tables then shouldn't their flop aggression be higher? Example- they flop a flush draw and just call the flop and turn until they hit on the river? Nah. They should be betting and raising and re-raising for value with their strong draws on the flop.

MiguelSanchez
06-13-2005, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But if they are playing a lot of drawing hands at loose tables then shouldn't their flop aggression be higher? Example- they flop a flush draw and just call the flop and turn until they hit on the river? Nah. They should be betting and raising and re-raising for value with their strong draws on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, didn't think of that before when I was looking. I'll usually raise the flop with a 4-flush, though I'm not sure if I raise with an OESD. I'll keep an eye out for that as I'm playing.

It's also possible that it's due to the fact that I did not start reading SSHE and was playing too passively when I have an edge. I'm still working on figuring out when I have enough of an edge to raise decent hands with good draws. Is there a rule of thumb based on the number of outs you have to a very strong hand (a set, straight, flush, maybe top 2 pair)?

Finally, I know that early on (first 2-3k or so) I was really slow playing or just waiting for the turn to raise too much. I've gotten rid of that and usually just jam my good hands until I hit resistance. Also, I've started calling down on the turn and river more often with marginal hands.

In my last 3k hands, flop aggression is highest by a bit, followed by river and turn. Probably not significant, though.

Edit: just to clarify the question I had regarding when to raise for value. In SSHE, the post-flop introduction says that you should raise the flop with middle pair, an over card and a back door flush draw. I believe this amounts to about 6.5 "outs" to a strong hand (2 pair, trips, flush), along with the possibility that the middle pair is good. Is this a good thought process for deciding when to raise for value? (I understand that it might also buy you a free card after the turn).