PDA

View Full Version : ATo Turning Stone 20/40

sthief09
06-13-2005, 02:08 AM
Kid who's a little too loose, a little too passive, and a little too weak opens from MP. folded to me in the BB and I call with ATo.

Flop: AKQ

Check, bet, call

Turn: 6

Check, bet, call

River: 4

Check, bet, fold

easy game?

damaniac
06-13-2005, 02:12 AM
My only guess is that you felt that there was a chance you were ahead plus outs to improve but by the river you didn't improve, and you felt this player would give up on any hand you beat at that point?

toss
06-13-2005, 02:13 AM
Nice hand.

sy_or_bust
06-13-2005, 02:13 AM
I like it. Awful flop, but he definitely won't bet 77-JJ on the river, and meanwhile you're drawing to the straight anyway. Easy river fold too. Passive players rock.

toss
06-13-2005, 02:14 AM
Not really a chance he was ahead. Hero has 6 outs.

damaniac
06-13-2005, 02:18 AM
Hmm that's interesting. 5:1 on the flop, 4:1 on the turn for 6 outs? Not to mention that you won't always win when you hit your A (if he has AK) or your T (if has AJ). That's why I felt there had to be some chance of being ahead, otherwise why call down? It's not like villain appears to be the type to pay off huge in implied odds if he hits right?

bakku
06-13-2005, 02:22 AM
If he's too passive to have a hand like A9s here I'd just fold PF.

sy_or_bust
06-13-2005, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm that's interesting. 5:1 on the flop, 4:1 on the turn for 6 outs? Not to mention that you won't always win when you hit your A (if he has AK) or your T (if has AJ). That's why I felt there had to be some chance of being ahead, otherwise why call down? It's not like villain appears to be the type to pay off huge in implied odds if he hits right?

[/ QUOTE ]

If Villain won't bet 77-JJ on the turn, it's a clear turn fold IMO. Jacks will only earn 1BB on the river vs. this player, tens aren't worth an out, and aces aren't so pretty either.

damaniac
06-13-2005, 02:31 AM
Yes well I suppose sthief has some idea of both his raising range and what he'll keep going with and when he'll back off. I'd be surprised if someone fitting that description bet an underpair on the turn, especially if it is less than TT (no gutshot to go with it). But I don't know if a little too passive at 20/40 is different from a little too passive at 5/10 (live) or 3/6 (online).

Entity
06-13-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing.

sthief09
06-14-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said a little too passive, not passive. by that I mean he wasn't value betting that well, he wasn't bluffing much, and he I'm pretty sure he's raising a good amount of hands there, and I think he might bet KJ, KTs, QJs, etc on the turn. the turn call is what I was questioning. I think I should probably fold

TheDelChop
06-14-2005, 01:51 AM
Yeah, pot seems kinda smallish. Doesnt' really seem worth it.

If you turned a 10 what's your plan? Bet or checkraise? Why? This situation would confuse the hell out of me.

Brunger
06-14-2005, 02:00 AM
I think with the way you played it you need to see a showdown. I mean all you did was call check and check and check plus it is not impossible he could show up with a worse ace.

og5
06-14-2005, 02:02 AM
This line seems really weak, why not 3bet preflop and follow with a flop bet to see where you are?

sthief09
06-14-2005, 02:22 AM
bet

sthief09
06-14-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think with the way you played it you need to see a showdown. I mean all you did was call check and check and check plus it is not impossible he could show up with a worse ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think seeing a showdown is pretty much out of the question

sthief09
06-14-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This line seems really weak, why not 3bet preflop and follow with a flop bet to see where you are?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't love ATo against his range of opening hands. I felt it was good enough to play and I had pretty good control over him after owning him on a hand. tangent:

he raises from MP. I call in the BB with 77

flop J74

check, bet call

turn A

bet, raise, call

river J

check, bet, raise, call

that river card sucked though as far as me getting him to bet goes.