PDA

View Full Version : How much would you pay for a fake rolex?

Willluck
06-13-2005, 01:27 AM
What is a good price for one of these.

Trump
06-13-2005, 01:28 AM
I got 2 in China for $10 a piece.

nothumb
06-13-2005, 01:30 AM
$0

NT

2+2 wannabe
06-13-2005, 01:41 AM
same as a panaphonic tv or sorny stereo

Mr_Gordon
06-13-2005, 01:53 AM
no more than 10. I had one when I was younger that lasted about 2 years so mine was worth it but I'm sure there are plenty that will break within days. gl

bdk3clash
06-13-2005, 01:53 AM
I would never, ever buy a replica but if you do, do your research. (http://www.replicacenter.com/comparison.php)

Willluck
06-13-2005, 01:56 AM
Other than lifespan, what is a distinct difference between replicas and a real one?

bdk3clash
06-13-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Other than lifespan, what is a distinct difference between replicas and a real one?

[/ QUOTE ]
Everything.

deacsoft
06-13-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
$0

[/ QUOTE ]

Bukem_
06-13-2005, 02:05 AM
I believe the most obvious one is that a rolex second hand moves smoothly. A replica will always do the clunky advance.

bdk3clash
06-13-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe the most obvious one is that a rolex second hand moves smoothly. A replica will always do the clunky advance.

[/ QUOTE ]
Though this is generally true for a cheap knock-off (like the ones you can get for $8/$10 in NYC), there are indeed high-quality (and more expensive) knockoffs that have smoothly sweeping second hands, automatic movements, etc. Some of them are very hard to distinguish from the real thing.

Check out the page I linked to in my previous post.

-Skeme-
06-13-2005, 02:12 AM
Why would you want a fake Rolex? If you can't afford a real one then it won't take long for others to realize you aren't the rich Rolex buying dork you've made yourself out to be.

x2ski
06-13-2005, 02:23 AM
I picked up a Tag Heuer Kirium Chronograph replica off eBay for $65 5 years ago or so. I was shocked by the quality of this thing. It has "automatic movement", a sweeping second hand, and is made of high-quality stainless-steel.

When I first got it, I took it to a local jeweler to have some links taken out so it would fit my wrist, and he believed it to be authentic... He told me to "take care of a watch like this".

I've also taken it to Jared because one of the pins that holds the links together came loose. I was expecting to pay for the service, but they did it for free and two of the salespeople commented that it was a "nice watch".

It is still going strong, but I'm always compelled to tell people it's a fake when they comment on it (except the jewelers lol).

FWIW, I got very lucky with my purchase. A few weeks after I got this one I bought two more from different vendors. It was a his and hers package for like $50 and I thought I would get something similar. They were not at all the same quality.

Cheap metal, mishapen logos, quartz, junk. They're both still working fine, and my wife still wear her's once in a while, but after this purchase I decided I got lucky with the first and haven't bought since.

I think there's been a crackdown on that stuff too. eBay doesn't carry nearly as many as they used to (if any at all). I still get spam about it though, but I would DEFINITELY not buy from those people.

TBag
06-13-2005, 02:48 AM
I have 2 fake ones. Neither of them sweep, unfortunately, and the one I got in NY is much better than the other, but they're still nice. They both have the weight in the back of the watch that rotates while you walk so it automatically winds just from you wearing it. Got each of em for $50. I'm happy with number one, and disappointed with number 2. I'll happily sell ya number 2 if ya want it =P