View Full Version : Open push from SB in level 5

45suited
06-13-2005, 12:57 AM
Everyone push here? Still 5 handed... 2nd hand into Level5

Blinds 100 / 200
3 folds,
SB (Hero) t700 after posting, dealt 6s Ts
BB t1300

BB is getting 1.7:1 on his call but T6s is 49% vs. a random hand.

Do I have a choice other than pushing here? I can't see waiting for a better spot, but maybe I'm too aggressive in spots like this? Comments appreciated...

Dorez
06-13-2005, 01:07 AM
Depends on the table, if it has tightened up enough that it gets folded to the blinds often, then I wait for the button so I can push and hopefully get enough for an extra orbit. If this is a rare instance that it does get folded to the blinds, I take my chances and push.

45suited
06-13-2005, 01:13 AM
Why would you rather push from the button later when you have a chance right now to push from the SB?

I am almost certain that Eastbay's tool would say to push here, but I have not yet purchased it. I know that it's stupid that I haven't yet...

Also, for those who would agree with my push, what if the BB had a massive stack? I'm still thinking that pushing is good regardless (since I don't have all day to double up or at least take some blinds), but I'd like to hear others' opinions...

Scuba Chuck
06-13-2005, 01:17 AM
NO OPINION

Just a recent thought. Is BB's calling standards different here, than if a stack pushes from elsewhere, like CO? Meaning, if it's folded to SB, and he pushes, and BB calls with A4o, do you think he'd also call a push from CO with A4o?

Just curious about observations. I'm seeing a lot of (maybe?) correct calls from the BB when the SB auto-pushes.

Scuba

45suited
06-13-2005, 01:20 AM
I've noticed that too recently, but the two of us can BOTH be making the correct play at the same time. Scuba, my question to you is, absent any reads, are you pushing here? (I was multi-tabling...) I kind of felt like I didn't have much of a choice since a better opportunity might not present itself before I was blinded into irrelevance...

lastchance
06-13-2005, 01:32 AM
Hero slides all of his chips in the middle, cuz folding here sucks.

I don't know why this is even being discussed. There are probably hands you can fold here or think about folding. T6s is not one of them, and it's not close.

hansarnic
06-13-2005, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero slides all of his chips in the middle, cuz folding here sucks.

I don't know why this is even being discussed. There are probably hands you can fold here or think about folding. T6s is not one of them, and it's not close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. Notice that BB's stack size is hugely in your favour here.