PDA

View Full Version : King's Quest 1+2 remade...

Lawrence Ng
06-12-2005, 11:55 PM
This is definitely not news, but I just stumbled onto this site

http://www.agdinteractive.com/

and it appears they did a remake of King's Quest 1 VGA and King's Quest 2 a year back. Now they are working on Quest for Glory 2 - Trial by Fire.

Here's another link to the old classic of Maniac Mansion that was posted here on OOT a while back:

http://people.freenet.de/lucasfangames/maniac/games_eng.htm

I'm pretty excited as I grew up as a younger teenager playing these games and seeing it being remade and playable on current high end XP systems is so exciting.

If anyone has any other links to old DOS based games (especially adventure ones) from the late 80's, 90's they can share I'd appreciate it. I'm still trying to find a good working copy of Wing Commander 1 + 2 to play again. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

One game I still can't get running on my Windows XP machine is Final Fantasy 7. It is my FAVORITE PC game of all time and I can't play it. Bleh. Perhaps ZeeJustin might know?

Lawrence

CallMeIshmael
06-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Im so downloading them right now.

Thanks.

Eurotrash
06-13-2005, 12:06 AM
wow, nice.

I think I'm going to be up for a while working on Maniac Mansion /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

liquidboss
06-13-2005, 12:45 AM
Excellent man, I never saw this...

I've had the same problems with FFVII on XP/2K machines. There is a version out there that works on 95/98 but who runs that?

Lawrence Ng
06-13-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've had the same problems with FFVII on XP/2K machines. There is a version out there that works on 95/98 but who runs that?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a fix that allowed for it to be played on 2k/XP machines, but I tried it and I couldn't the game to load up past the introduction.

If I can find an older Pentium 3 machine, slap it together for say $100 or so I might just do that and reinstall Windows 98 just to play FF VII once more.

Lawrence

Trump
06-13-2005, 01:27 AM
Did you try Peasant's Quest (http://www.homestarrunner.com/disk4of12.html) yet?

gumpzilla
06-13-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

One game I still can't get running on my Windows XP machine is Final Fantasy 7. It is my FAVORITE PC game of all time and I can't play it. Bleh. Perhaps ZeeJustin might know?

[/ QUOTE ]

I somehow managed to get it to work, although I'm not entirely sure how. One thing I know is that you will need a patch to get through the Chocobo races, otherwise the screen goes black when you get to that part of the game. I can't remember if the patch was needed for anything else though.

DavidC
06-13-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you try Peasant's Quest (http://www.homestarrunner.com/disk4of12.html) yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, thank you!

I haven't started playing yet, but the intro was worth it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chiron
06-13-2005, 04:23 AM
this is so amazingly awesome
my favorite was KQ6 though... such a good game

Lawrence Ng
06-13-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Did you try Peasant's Quest yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I took a look at it. LOL, this thing really brings back memories. Anyways, I wish they would make the toon walk faster. He's too slow.

Lawrence

Gamblor
06-13-2005, 04:37 PM
anybody who knows where i can get mechwarrior, god i'm dying to play it.

Lawrence Ng
06-13-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My very first Sierra game was Lesiure Suit Larry 5, which was in VGA. I was hooked.

The VGA graphics were what gave the Sierra adventure games the great play and feel. When they eventually went with the "Drawing Cell" technology in KQ7 and other games, that's when I gave it up. One of the things of these adventure games that make them stand out is the fact that it's plays like a beautiful storybook told from great paintings, not from cheesy animation.

Lawrence

DavidC
06-13-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My very first Sierra game was Lesiure Suit Larry 5, which was in VGA. I was hooked.

The VGA graphics were what gave the Sierra adventure games the great play and feel. When they eventually went with the "Drawing Cell" technology in KQ7 and other games, that's when I gave it up. One of the things of these adventure games that make them stand out is the fact that it's plays like a beautiful storybook told from great paintings, not from cheesy animation.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

You're just a youngin then (maybe a year or two younger than me). /images/graemlins/smile.gif

My first was LL 1, when I was like 10... My second was Space Quest 2.

Other than LL1, I don't think I've ever finished a sierra game, though.

Even LL1, I got caught in a guess-the-verb thing trying to get the pills and couldn't do it.

--Dave.

moondogg
06-14-2005, 07:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

You're just a youngin then (maybe a year or two younger than me). /images/graemlins/smile.gif

My first was LL 1, when I was like 10... My second was Space Quest 2.

Other than LL1, I don't think I've ever finished a sierra game, though.

Even LL1, I got caught in a guess-the-verb thing trying to get the pills and couldn't do it.

--Dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say that Police Quest I (the original, not the fancy pants remake) is still the best Sierra game ever made. It's the only one I played front to back with no hint book, and it had a hell of a lot of replay value.

But Space Quest 3 and Kings Quest 2 are up there as favorites too.