PDA

View Full Version : bad bet or bad beat

frankford
06-12-2005, 10:59 PM
playing .50/1.00$ on p stars pocket 99 on bb raise 2
bets 4 callers flop came 9 5 3 check fold fold fold
i raise to 5$ and was reraised to 11$ about 27$ no chance
of flush or straight i put him on lower tripps or pockets higher than 99 his stack 26$ my stack 110$ i reraised him all in happy to take pot then and if not i like the hand he
called with AA got his tripps on turn river card meant nothing .? is should i have just called and saw turn and river first to reduce risk! thanks for your insight

sy_or_bust
06-12-2005, 11:06 PM
Small Stakes NL (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=ssplnlpoker)

Catt
06-12-2005, 11:21 PM
It has been pointed out that I am somtimes a prick when responding, so I'll try and be less prick-like but still blunt.

Welcome to the forums! Take a look around and familiarize yourself with the various different forums here. Your post appears to be about a hand of micro / small No-Limit Hold'em. It would properly go into one of the NL or Pot-Limit forums -- this is a Limit forum. If this were a No-Limit forum, your post might still be out of place, since I am not familiar with the blind levels of NL and how the relate to "micro" versus "small" versus "mid" NL games. So, your post is in the wrong place -- it shouldn't be posted here.

All that said, I can't believe you think it is wrong to play back at (to the point of pushing) with top set on the flop. Villain sucked out with a 2-outer. That's poker. What, would you plan to check-call to the river just to make sure that nothing higher than a 9 fell? Sometimes we lose; even when we have the best hand (by far) at one point in the hand.

frankford
06-12-2005, 11:25 PM
catt there right u are a prick

gvibes
06-12-2005, 11:25 PM
I don't want to be the grammar police, but you may want to google such terms as "punctuation" and "sentence." Use of these advanced tools allow the written word to be understandable to humans.

Catt
06-12-2005, 11:32 PM
Thanks. So long as I have consistent feedback, I can comfortably operate in this crazy world secure in the knowledge that my little corner of it is straightforward, logical, predictable, and unlikely to challenged in any way.