PDA

View Full Version : How should I play this hand?

DonP
06-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

silkyslim
06-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Don't fear the third king, no one showed aggression preflop, and a lot of fish like to bluff when the board pairs. UTG is usually behind you. Raise the flop and see how he reacts. Also reads on UTG would help a lot.

mmmmmbrother
06-12-2005, 10:54 PM
id raise the flop and see what he does. after a three bet i think id still go to check/call mode.

turaho
06-12-2005, 11:56 PM
If villain check-raised you on the turn, I'd say go into calldown mode and almost always expect to pay off trips.

But I figure the donkbet on the flop for a bluff: villain would have check-raised with a K or 33. Maybe he has a medium pocket pair and is trying to push you off a hand?

If you raise on the flop, you'd only drive out players on this super-drawless board (which might be part of the reason he led out... hoping you'll raise and face the rest of the board with calling two cold, improving his chances of winning a pot with a hand that he wants to showdown.)

Now if he's bluffing, we want him to keep bluffing at us. But we also want to extract maximum value from the hand. So how's this for a line...

Call flop, call turn, raise river (crying-call if 3-bet)?

bottomset
06-12-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How should I play this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, why don't you put in some more effort in making reads

AlmightyJay
06-12-2005, 11:59 PM
Raise the flop. Call a 3-bet.

Firefly
06-13-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop. Call a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

istewart
06-13-2005, 12:16 AM
I don't think this is that bad. Of course, we never get any reads. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

This is a weird situation of WA/WB in a multiway pot, it appears. With MP2 tagging along, padding the pot, and likely drawing dead, I don't mind letting UTG keep betting drawing to 2 outs or dominating us.

@bsolute_luck
06-13-2005, 06:07 AM
Don, a read that would be best with this hand would be what hands villain bets out with and if he ever c/r. most players wouldn't bet into a large field like this with either pocket 3s or trip Kings as there is more value in c/r you and getting everyone for more bets. by betting into you, seems he is asking for you to raise and knock the field out. typically, a play like this is a lower pocket pair (99 and lower).

i think your line here is fine as anybody in the hand with a pocket pair is drawing to 2 outs. if he's a thinking player, he'd probably fold to either a flop raise or turn bet as he'd then know is lower pair isn't good.

so the line i would probably take is to wait 'til the river and raise him then. let him keep betting his lower pair or bluff. call a 3-bet then. this is a "lose the minimum, win maximum line" i think. that's just one line to take.