PDA

View Full Version : Where Would You Go?

SippinSoma
06-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Scenario:

I'm 18. I just finished my 2nd year of college. I haven't found an interesting career, yet. I despise my current college and I'm not going back. Unless I find a school still taking transfers, I'm taking fall off to work full time (internet poker and freelance webdesign). I want to go to school elsewhere. Money is not a concern. I want to live on my own. I want to meet completely new people. I want to live somewhere different and experience a drastic change, for better or for worse. Maybe a big city. From everything I've ever heard, I think I would really like Cali, or NY. I'm currently residing in Miami. I have no obligations or ties.

If you were me, where would you go?

I'm seriously thinking this out, feel free to share any similar experiences or advice.

PoBoy321
06-12-2005, 08:22 PM
New York.

The Stranger
06-12-2005, 08:24 PM
if I were you...uhh I don't know, doesn't really compute.

Have you considered Vegas?

James Boston
06-12-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 18. I just finished my 2nd year of college

[/ QUOTE ]

You started college at 16?

manpower
06-12-2005, 08:43 PM
Have you considered moving abroad? You could easily go to New Zealand or Amsterdam or something, thuogh I don't know what kind of visa's you'd need / how hard they are to get.

I'd probably take Cali over NYC though.

The Armchair
06-12-2005, 08:44 PM
What you want to do you can do anywhere. Can you give us a reason for leaving the Miami sun, other than the fact that you already know people there?

Subfallen
06-12-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 18. I just finished my 2nd year of college

[/ QUOTE ]

You started college at 16?

[/ QUOTE ]

I started college at 14. It's nothing special. College is stupid.

poker-penguin
06-12-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you considered moving abroad? You could easily go to New Zealand or Amsterdam or something, thuogh I don't know what kind of visa's you'd need / how hard they are to get.

I'd probably take Cali over NYC though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Student Visa for NZ if very gettable if you're enrolled in a legit course of study at a real university.

PM me if you're interested and I'll see if I can help you at all. (if only universities had affiliate deals /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SippinSoma
06-13-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What you want to do you can do anywhere. Can you give us a reason for leaving the Miami sun, other than the fact that you already know people there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than the fact that I've been 18 years, no other reason.

I started college just as I turned 17. Bump.

M2d
06-13-2005, 02:35 AM
what are you studying. I'm assuming that does mtter

squeek12
06-13-2005, 03:50 AM
New Orleans is a great place to go to college. We have a pretty good poker room with GREAT games at Harrah's, and there is something to do every night of the week. Bars don't close and are really easy on minors. Tulane is the best known and most prestigious college in town, but Loyola is pretty good, but is very small. They are side by side on St. Charles Ave.

Cumulonimbus
06-13-2005, 03:57 AM
Some exotic island that has a good, lax government without many freedom-abridging laws but full of good people... is where I wanna go. I just haven't figured out where that is yet. Opinions?

handsome
06-13-2005, 04:00 AM
Southern California: nice weather, uber-hot girls, good schools (film, arts, etc.), Commerce
New York: weather not too great, but NYC is the greatest city in the world, hot girls, average schools (CUNY's), poker clubs

SippinSoma
06-13-2005, 10:05 AM
I have no major on paper. I've taken a handful of courses in mathematics, computer science, and foreign languages. I wanted to dip my feet into some finance and philosophy before I decide on something though.

jakethebake
06-13-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm currently residing in Miami.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw this and thought: Hey! Great! Another 00tiot in Miami to meet. I tried to PM him.... He has me on ignore. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

rusellmj
06-13-2005, 10:16 AM
Cali/NY, both expensive. Especially housing. I doubt it's so expensive in Vegas.

mmbt0ne
06-13-2005, 10:19 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw this and thought: Hey! Great! Another 00tiot in Miami to meet. I tried to PM him.... He has me on ignore. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahaha

jakethebake
06-13-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

It is pretty damn funny. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bluffoon
06-13-2005, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Scenario:

I'm 18. I just finished my 2nd year of college. I haven't found an interesting career, yet. I despise my current college and I'm not going back. Unless I find a school still taking transfers, I'm taking fall off to work full time (internet poker and freelance webdesign). I want to go to school elsewhere. Money is not a concern. I want to live on my own. I want to meet completely new people. I want to live somewhere different and experience a drastic change, for better or for worse. Maybe a big city. From everything I've ever heard, I think I would really like Cali, or NY. I'm currently residing in Miami. I have no obligations or ties.

If you were me, where would you go?

I'm seriously thinking this out, feel free to share any similar experiences or advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were you I would go to vegas.

rusellmj
06-13-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He reg'd like two months ago. Doesn't take you long does it?

Voltron87
06-13-2005, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
poker clubs

[/ QUOTE ]

not so much anymore.

jakethebake
06-13-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He reg'd like two months ago. Doesn't take you long does it?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny. I didn't even look at his reg date. And here I thought I'd been making an effort to be less confrontational and obnoxious in the last couple of months. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BWebb
06-13-2005, 11:17 AM
If I were in your shoes, I would go to NYC, and it's not even close.

FishNChips
06-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Southern Cal (San Diego specifically) is the most ideal weather you will ever find (I know, Miami is nice, but take the warmth and remove the humidity and you have SD - its heaven). There are 2 big California universities in SD and several smaller private ones. There are a few card rooms around with good games. BeachesBeachesBeaches and HOT HOT HOT women abound.

That said... I think if I'm 18, single, money is not an issue, I'm going to NYC for a few years. I've spent a little time visiting NYC and I would have LOVED to live there for a few years when I was younger and had no ties. It just seems so insanely alive.

Others that suggested going abroad might be on to something too though...

FishNChips

SippinSoma
06-13-2005, 02:21 PM
My bad man, I must have put you on ignore a long time ago. I've lurked here since September. Where in Miami are you at? I'm in South Miami, 5 minutes away from UM.

jakethebake
06-13-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My bad man, I must have put you on ignore a long time ago. I've lurked here since September. Where in Miami are you at? I'm in South Miami, 5 minutes away from UM.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's alright. I've probably pissed off everyone at one time or another. You're actually right in my neck of the woods. I live in Pinecrest and work in Coral Gables. Have you lived here long? Where do you play?