PDA

View Full Version : Bubbling at Prima

ravensfan
06-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Hey this is my first post here,
It's a great site!
I'm a winning player at .5/1 NL cash games, but I want to develop my tournament game. So, I've played a lot of tournaments lately at only $5.
I've noticed that over my last say 60 SNGs, I've been bubbling about 1/3 of the games! I've hit 4th for 10player more than ITM. It's getting extremely frustrating. The blinds double every 10hands, so granted it gets very random, but I seem to be very adept at hitting fourth.

Whether I play tight and only push Aany, K high in position, or PP any time, or if i play aggro to keep from getting blinded out, I seem to consistently bubble. Does anyone have any standard practice, or standard playing advice for when you hit the bubble and the blinds are high?
Also, when Multi-tabling, how detrimental would you say it is to your game to split energy by playing cash and SNGs? I find multitabling SNGs to be fine...

Much appreciated

HighestCard
06-12-2005, 08:19 PM
I also multitable 5+.50's, and you just need more SnG's under your belt, 60 is way too small of a sample size, because varience at the low levels is huge due to the fact of all the idiots on their draws when its ev-

valenzuela
06-12-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
because varience at the low levels is huge due to the fact of all the idiots on their draws when its ev-

[/ QUOTE ]
that is so, so, so ridicouslously wrong. Variance only depend of payout stucture. Anyway to the OP( who officially has the worst handle ever) maybe youre not stealing enough and your letting urself blind out OR maybe u simply suck and call too much on the bubble OR maybe ure just unlucky. Post stats and you will recieve insults, post HHs and you will recieve help