PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker and Sngs

kiffl
06-12-2005, 05:40 PM
If you are going to be playing just sngs should you buy Poker Tracker, or will SNG Tracker be enough to record your data?

smcannon
06-12-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to be playing just sngs should you buy Poker Tracker, or will SNG Tracker be enough to record your data?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any Excel spreadsheet to track your SnG's is sufficient. Since I started playing only SnG's there has been no use for me to even use Poker Tracker other than to track my personal stats.

Save your 50 bucks. Make your own generic and simple spreadsheet like I did or just use the one that appears to be pretty popular in this crowd.

Moonsugar
06-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Pokertracker is invaluable and will be the best money you ever spend on a program. Period.

You can review your and your opponents play on any tourney you ever play. That kind of data/feature is awesome.

Maybe its (opponent tracking) not that big a deal at the 22s, but when you move up its gonna be important.

The 2nd best program is: http://sitngo-analyzer.com/

The 3rd best is free: www.pokerstove.com (http://www.pokerstove.com)

Good luck.

Moonsugar
06-12-2005, 06:15 PM
You should explore the capabilities of PT.

MrTrik
06-12-2005, 06:37 PM
I've only been using PT for a month or so. It seems to me there is much more utility delivered by that program than just tracking your performance. I'm starting to get a database of opponents built up and now and then it has helped me. I'm only sitting with 8k hands or so and I expect this database to become more and more valuable as my hands increase. The data can be useful in many ways if you are willing to put the time in. An added plus for me is GT+ which integrates very nicely with PT.

The top three purchases I've made so far for poker, in the order of importance to me (a fairly new player) are:

1. Poker Tracker
2. Miller's SSH book
3. HEFAP book

Good luck kiffl.

Jay36489
06-12-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any Excel spreadsheet to track your SnG's is sufficient. Since I started playing only SnG's there has been no use for me to even use Poker Tracker other than to track my personal stats.

Save your 50 bucks. Make your own generic and simple spreadsheet like I did or just use the one that appears to be pretty popular in this crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be doing a LOT more then just tracking your ROI and ITM. PT w/ GT+ or PV is invaluable for in game reads. PT is invaluable for in depth analysis of opponents play. In depth analysis or your own play is invaluable.