PDA

View Full Version : DSL rant

ClaytonN
06-12-2005, 05:28 PM
So I'm currently at my mom's house, but was at my dad's house the last time I was posting here.

Around midnight (17 hours ago) it was raining and the DSL goes dead. Power light on, ethernet light on, the other lights off.

The next day I wake up, still no DSL signal. Call support, get forwarded to India. We try the basic crap, nothing works. I get forwarded to local support, they give me a 'ticket number' and tell me to call back at 4 PM because they need to talk to the main company and run tests.

I call back at 4 (almost 5 hours later), and they tell me they ran tests and they all failed, so they're sending a support guy who will be at the house around 6PM the next day. Plus, they want me to call them at noon tomorrow.

WTF, this has never happened before with DSL and now that a line has f*cked up thanks likely to the rainstorm, I'm without DSL internet for at least 3 days.

Just felt the need to vent.

SpearsBritney
06-12-2005, 05:30 PM
there there

ChoicestHops
06-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Sounds like the same problems I had with Southwestern Bell. Would lose the signal consistently. They would run tests and send guys out here but they couldn't figure out the problem. Months down the road they decide to go to the circuit in our neighborhood or whatever and it's fixed.

Worst support there is.

ClaytonN
06-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Thing is, we've never lost the DSL signal in at least 2 years (which is pretty damn impressive), and now that the signal is lost I get the indication I won't get it back again in a week, maybe.

At least I get directed to a support outside of Calcutta.

Vince Young
06-12-2005, 05:33 PM
http://blog.hochwald.net/media/JayZ.jpg