PDA

View Full Version : First big one!

imported_machine
06-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Just thought i would let all you guys know that i won a step the other day and won 2000 dollars from 12 invested, this was a very big win for me as i play 20+2 stts and average bout 400 dollars a week at the mo. Would just like to thank everyone on forum cause my game has improved alot lately and that is partly cause of you guys and putting up with my silly questions and still answering them them to the best of your abilitys. Thanks guys ;-)

ben

Sabrazack
06-12-2005, 05:25 PM
You lucky pup, congratulations /images/graemlins/smile.gif

johnnybeef
06-12-2005, 06:26 PM
congrats...i wish i could say my first big one came this week, but in fact, i had a big one the day i was born /images/graemlins/blush.gif

MrTrik
06-12-2005, 06:27 PM
Congratulations machine, nice goin. That should enhance the bankroll or pay some bills.

iraise50
06-13-2005, 02:55 AM
Congratulations, that's really awesome. Can we have some details? I'm sure you'd love to share.

imported_machine
06-13-2005, 03:12 AM
you want the tourney summary or just my experiences of it?

utmt40
06-13-2005, 03:15 AM
Both!

vinyard
06-13-2005, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you want the tourney summary or just my experiences of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The hand history would be interesting.

imported_machine
06-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Ill tell you my view first. Had a little money on my party account(usually play empire due to rakeback) anyways i entered twice and the first table i was out straight away but the second table played pretty well and was short stacked early but fought back and managed to win, which was the only place which gave u a lev 2 entry. Lev 2 i started well early and finished 2nd i think which put me up to lev 3. Lev 4 i would say was the hardest. Good thing bout lev 4 was 1st and 2nd were put into lev 5 and 3,4,5 got to try lev 4 again, i think i finished 5th the first time getting unlucky when trying to steal blinds, anyways came back and played again managing to win the table and get to where i was desperate to be. A table that paid 2000 for 1st and that all the top 5 were getting a pay day! at this time most my poker buddies online were all on msn wishing me luck and watching my table. I must admit i was nervous and waited nearly 2 hours for the table to fill! i was a bit strung out as i had finished a 7 hour session only a few hours earlier. Anyways i sat down with the support of my brother and poker friends. I knew this was my chance to win a pretty big one(well to me it was huge, i know a few of you on here are multi tabling 100s etc and may find this not quite as exicting) first hand i was dealt 44 it was raised and i called and i missed. 80 chips diminished straight away! looking back dont know why i called this think it was nerves, anyway had no hands was down to 450 from 1000 i was short stack and blinds were 50/100 and was 3 hands away from 100/200 and were coming my way. Pushed with a marginal hand and picked up blinds. From then on had a few hands but stole when needed and played great poker, well i thought i did(will post hand summaries in parts soon,will be listed steps win part 1,2,3,4,5 etc) anyways made the money continued to push doubled up a few times ended up hu with 8000 to his 2000 chips 300/600 blinds i think and went on to WIN! /images/graemlins/smile.gif thanks guys as you played a part in me being able to win this step, hope you will rip me to shreads with my tourney summaries(cause i know you will but hey im still learning and getting better)

thanks again

/images/graemlins/grin.gif