PDA

View Full Version : Golf gallery booing

RacersEdge
06-12-2005, 04:52 PM
You have to get out of line for that to happen. Rory Sabatini leaves his playing partner and plays ahead because he was playing too slow. The gallery boos him.

Eurotrash
06-12-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to get out of line for that to happen. Rory Sabatini leaves his playing partner and plays ahead because he was playing too slow. The gallery boos him.

[/ QUOTE ]

The discussion amongst the commentators after this was priceless

"That's just not cricket."

and then the comment about him wearing white trousers and needing a push into the mud, hah.

La Brujita
06-12-2005, 04:58 PM
what exactly happened?

RacersEdge
06-12-2005, 04:59 PM
They fans should have done a "Detroit Piston Fans" routine on him with ice, beer, etc as he was leaving 18.

RacersEdge
06-12-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what exactly happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sabatini and Crane were playing together. Crane is a very slow player, Sabatini very fast. Sabatini got pissed off at the slow pace, so he played ahead of Crane and went on to the next hole.

La Brujita
06-12-2005, 05:14 PM
I didn't even know they were allowed to do that, but I am glad Crane took out his bible and prayed over it.

DeadMoneyOC
06-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Rory Sabatini is an assclown. I never liked him and now I hate him. What a clown. When he was standing behind the green on 17 I felt like tracking him down and breaking his leg. Him and Danny Ngyuen just piss me off for some reason.

SpearsBritney
06-12-2005, 05:49 PM
HAHAHA. Instant classic.

Brain
06-12-2005, 06:38 PM
I missed it and there's no early SportsCenter on tonight because of college baseball. Hope I don't forget by 11.

edtost
06-12-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what exactly happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sabatini and Crane were playing together. Crane is a very slow player, Sabatini very fast. Sabatini got pissed off at the slow pace, so he played ahead of Crane and went on to the next hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

am i the only one here who finds this perfecctly reasonable? slow play is bullshit.

JoeC
06-12-2005, 07:02 PM
In recreational golf definitely, but it seems to me like slow play is a way of life on the PGA.

RacersEdge
06-12-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what exactly happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

am i the only one here who finds this perfecctly reasonable? slow play is bullshit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the way he did it by all of sudden just marching away when Crame was in contention for the win too. Plus, where is he going to go?

I know how slow play can throw off your rhythm, though. They really should penalize the slow players in the group - not both players.

DemonDeac
06-12-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what exactly happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

different strokes for different folks, my friend
i assume you play fast yourself

sabatini was still not cool to be an ass about it. did u see that pathetic handshake after they both finished and then the exchange of words afterwards?

edtost
06-12-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In recreational golf definitely, but it seems to me like slow play is a way of life on the PGA.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it's pretty sad. there's really no reason for the pros to take more than 3-3.5 hrs to finish a round.

Bulldog
06-13-2005, 08:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it's pretty sad. there's really no reason for the pros to take more than 3-3.5 hrs to finish a round.

[/ QUOTE ]

That statement is ridiculous.

daveymck
06-13-2005, 09:00 AM
If he walks off do both players not get disqualified as who can mark their cards?

NoRiverRats
06-13-2005, 09:13 AM
I agree completely. If you've ever golfed in Scotland and had a really slow player in your group you've likely come across a course official who tells it like it is - happened to me a couple years ago. We had this guy playing with us who played every shot like it was for the Masters/US Open title. Finally the Marshall came over to him and that people were at the course to golf not stand around and look at the scenery, and if he wanted a view he would be happy to drive him back to his car so he could go sight-seeing. We almost keeled over laughing, and ended up buying the Marshall a beer after the round.

touchfaith
06-13-2005, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he walks off do both players not get disqualified as who can mark their cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

All he did was putt out of turn and proceed to the next tee before his playing partner putted out...

Not exactely a felony, even by PGA standards...

I think he made his point. Besides, it was the PGA that warned them of slow play. This was just Sabatini's "hey it wasn't me" statement.

daveymck
06-13-2005, 09:31 AM
They have just introduced fines on the European Tour for those slowplaying, with the fines doubling everytime they do it in a season.

JTrout
06-13-2005, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he made his point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. If his point was "I am a classless prick that cannot control my emotions."

RacersEdge
06-13-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All he did was putt out of turn and proceed to the next tee before his playing partner putted out...

Not exactely a felony, even by PGA standards...

I think he made his point. Besides, it was the PGA that warned them of slow play. This was just Sabatini's "hey it wasn't me" statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Marking the card of your partner is an issue. They joked that Sabatini was lucky the play was televised so the video could confirm that Crane did finish the 17th hole.

RacersEdge
06-13-2005, 11:10 AM
The main reason for slow play is bad play. It takes a long time to take 120 shots.

Guy Incognito
06-13-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The main reason for slow play is bad play. It takes a long time to take 120 shots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. I remember reading somewhere that Tiger plays his practice rounds in under 2 hours. There's no reason 2 PGA pros shouldn't be able to finish a round well under 4 hours, even considering practice swings, lining up putts, etc.