PDA

View Full Version : ATo cold called in the SB

TMFS9
06-12-2005, 04:11 PM
The button in the hand was pretty lag and at the time he seemed to be "lagging" it up more than stats indicated at
43/15/1.8. The MP played just like your generic really loose passive with 63/6/.8 stats. The BB in the hand was weak tight and out of 168 hands folded his BB to a steal 100% of the time.

I decided to cold call out of the SB because of several reasons. First my hand was too good to fold to the Buttons range of raising hands. Second it would be extremely unlikely to knock the MP out of the hand with a 3 bet and with the BB being so tight I figured he would be fairly likely he would fold unless he had a strong hand in which I wouldn't want to get too invested into the pot. And finally by just calling I would be able to checkraise a favorable flop. Thoughts?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $5.
MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, Button calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

TMFS9
06-12-2005, 05:41 PM
not an interesting hand?

BongRips
06-12-2005, 06:29 PM
I 3bet preflop every time. MP isn't folding, good, you want him to call 2 every time, not 1. If the BB folds to steal 100% of the time, it's not like you're gaining a bet from him by not 3 betting. You want to catch MP in between you and the LAG and make him pay, also, a raise after 1 loose passive limper by a LAG gets very little respect from me.

TMFS9
06-12-2005, 07:12 PM
By MP not folding, I was refering to being unable to isolate the button preflop. Also on the flop MP wouldn't likely fold for a single bet but would possibly fold for 2, so therefore if I allowed the button to retain the intiative till the flop it would be possible to isolate the LAG button by checkraising and knock out MP.

[ QUOTE ]
You want to catch MP in between you and the LAG and make him pay

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes if I have a hand but I don't have a hand where I would like to keep people in the pot.