PDA

View Full Version : Am I the biggest donkey ever or what...

MoDOH
06-12-2005, 04:09 PM
Just sat down with nice position on some juicy fish. to my immediate right is a TAG probably a 2+2:er by the look at his stats 23/17/2.5.
SB in this hand is one of two reasons why I sat down here. he is 65/4/0,5 and BB is the other reason and he is 38/6/1,5.

Now when I sit down I look at where the button is and see that next time itīs my BB, so I a check the auto post blind box.
To my surprise though I notice that instead of posting the BB I post UTG instead... DOH!!! annoyed at my mistake I decide to raise the hand instead of limping/checking, when MP 3-bet me and SB called I called getting 9-1 odds... Compunding errors any1? No but really, preflop is autrocious to say the least and itīs the first time I have ever done anything like it...
But how about postflop then?
flop is ok and if SB calls turn Iīm folding but since he didīnt I think a call is in order here.
And on the river I pull a clarkmeister...

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

tightmaniac
06-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Let your first mistake only be a $5 mistake instead of a much bigger one.

MoDOH
06-12-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let your first mistake only be a $5 mistake instead of a much bigger one.

[/ QUOTE ]

granted... I think itīs safe to assume that preflop is awful. But however awful preflop is I still think postflop is interesting...

Grisgra
06-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Let's see . . . postflop . . .

Flop, you're getting 9:1, obvious call.

Turn, you'll hit a flush 20% of the time on the river and it will be good roughly 60% of the time. You'll hit a '3' 10% of the time and it will be good the vast majority of the time.

So it's something like the equivalent of 4 outs + 4 outs, or 8 outs, you close the action getting 7.5:1. Not going to give you much credit for implied odds just because if you hit your flush you may lose another big bet anyway.

~8 outs, getting 7:5:1, looks like a call to me. You only need 6 clean outs here to call. River, obvious Clarkmeister.

Sound right, guys?

tightmaniac
06-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Actually looking back on it, I think postflop is decent. On the turn I assume you are calling to valuebet a spade, 6, or 3. I think villan has an A, just a question of whether his kicker is a spade. Are you folding to a raise here?

MoDOH
06-12-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the turn I assume you are calling to valuebet a spade, 6, or 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Youīre right about the spade and 3 but not so sure about the 6... If both the 9 and 6 came on the river I definitely bet it for value though. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Are you folding to a raise here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Against this particular player? Yes...

tightmaniac
06-12-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Youīre right about the spade and 3 but not so sure about the 6... If both the 9 and 6 came on the river I definitely bet it for value though. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You turned a double gutshot if you didn't notice /images/graemlins/wink.gif

mperich
06-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Good eye, tightmaniac. Noone else pointed this out. Easy turn call. River is good.

-Mike

Grisgra
06-12-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good eye, tightmaniac. Noone else pointed this out. Easy turn call. River is good.

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

*I* didn't notice it . . . but I think that even without the double gutshot on the turn, it's a call.

mperich
06-12-2005, 05:35 PM
You and OP yeah. And yah, I agree about the turn call with only a single gutshot too, altho obviously its closer.

-Mike