PDA

View Full Version : Help a pilgram out..

TonySanDiego
06-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Pokerroom NL $200

Hero on the button playing short with about $95.

Villian is UTG, stack unknown, since Pokerroom doesn't include stacks in hand history, but probably has me covered.

Hero is dealt A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villian open limps $2.00 from UTG, UTG +1 limps,

Hero raises to $10, Villian calls, UTG +1 folds.

$25 in the pot.

Flop is 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villian checks. Hero bets $30, villian folds.

Here is my question.

I am murdering this pot, not giving villian any chance to make a mistake. Also, I am not giving the villian any chance to catch something that causes me grief later like a third Q of J to his pocket QQ or JJ etc.

Is this the right way to play this hand? Should I be content to take my measly $13 net profit and move on, or should I bet less aggressively and try to get a call?

In this particular hand there is:
A straight draw,
A flush draw,
And always the chance that villian picks up the set or 2 pair.

Did I do right?

I know that I always tend to blast the pot if I have any kind of hand. Is this a good or bad thing?

I also tend to "pot it" if I am trying to steal. Makes my success rate go up, but is expensive when I get called or raised.

Thanks,

Tony

TonySanDiego
06-12-2005, 03:58 PM
So I don't know how to spell Pilgrim... duh.

swolfe
06-12-2005, 04:15 PM
there's no need to overbet the pot. a bet of $20 would likely do the same thing. he missed his set and he's going to fold.

poboy
06-12-2005, 04:44 PM
I like to bet slightly less than the pot, in this particular hand say $20. You might take a chance and charge him a little less so he may stay in and pay off with a worse hand. Though you'd also have to bet your bluffs this way, in which case people will stick around when you don't want them to. JMO