PDA

View Full Version : 66 on a raised AK6 flop.

ahnuld
06-12-2005, 03:45 PM
Playing 2-4 nl on prima poker site. I have about 400 and everyone in hand has me covered. UTG player raises to 16. No reads as it's only second robit, but he probably has A-j thru AA. I call as does the sb. Flop comes AK6 no suits. Checked to you, you check, given the fact that it is easy for UTG to have AA or KK. Turn is the terifying 2nd A giving you a very small full house.

The sb leads for 20 into the 66 pot. UTG folds. What is your line for the rest of the hand and why?

xorbie
06-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Bet the flop, but barring that, I try to see a showdown here, so I call and then call a decent river bet. If he checks the river I'm probably betting and folding to a check raise.

soah
06-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Is this a full table?

flawless_victory
06-12-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop, but barring that, I try to see a showdown here, so I call and then call a decent river bet. If he checks the river I'm probably betting and folding to a check raise.

[/ QUOTE ]this is not good advice... raise turn or raise river... depends on what you think he has. try to get it all in on the end ifno card >J falls.

Slappz
06-12-2005, 07:11 PM
You dont think betting the flop is good? I would bet this flop everytime, but since you checked it i would raise the turn and if he reraises you make a decision from that.

ggbman
06-12-2005, 07:30 PM
This is definitly an easy flop bet.

FourKing Hell
06-12-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[...] you check, given the fact that it is easy for UTG to have AA or KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst case scenario: UTG has AA, KK or AK. There are 3 combinations of AA, 3 KK and 9 AK. You have 4.3% vs. either AA or KK, and 83.2% vs. AK. It's 3 to 2 that he has AK.
So, assuming it gets all in, your pot equity is:

60% * 83.2% + 40% * 4.3% = 51.64%

Throw in the fact that he might have AQ/AJ (which he'll likely not go all in with), there already is money in the pot and one of the other players might have an ace (possibly even AK) that he'll play with, and it's clear that you have no reason to be afraid of a monster.

Yours is a good hand, and you want to play a big pot with it. There's no point giving free cards - you will not make money from hands that don't want to see AK on the flop anyway, so you might as well bet it now.

Given that you didn't..
Raise the turn! Something between 80 and 120 total. The only hand you have to worry about is AK, and players will frequently reraise with that at 2/4. Okay, he had bad position so he might just call, but he's a lot less likely than UTG to have AK. If he's solid and he comes over the top.. well, that's why you should have bet that flop in the first place! Most likely, though, he'll call the raise and check to you on the river - if he's got an Ace. On the river, your stack will be about the size of the pot. If your opponent pushes, fold to a Q or J, possibly T, call the rest. If he checks, push unless a J or Q comes. In that case, bet 100 or so and fold to a raise. He won't be bluffing. If HE bets a wimpy amount call if one of said scary cards hit, push the rest.

Needless to say, another Ace or King and you're done.

That's how I would play it if I were presented with the situation right now. It's a bit tricky, but not very. However, it would be not tricky at all if you just bet the flop. Pot, of course..