PDA

View Full Version : stupid superstitions we have (absolutely no content)

Deamon2
06-12-2005, 03:42 PM
I don't know why, but I don't like sitting at the named tables at Party. Does anyone know why they have numbered and named tables and not just one or the other?

Also, does anyone else have unfounded superstitions like this?

scotty34
06-12-2005, 03:52 PM
That actually may have a bit of basis. I think a lot of the fish will prefer to sit at a named table rather than a number, because that is really the only consideration they take when sitting down. When I first started playing, I totally disregarded pot size etc., had checked the Hide Full Tables button, and would usually pick named tables. Not that I would ever need to remember the name, but it is just a lot easier to remember than the numbers.

I don't know how large this effect is, or if it really exists at all for that matter, but I've heard similar theories before.

tinhat
06-12-2005, 06:14 PM
My only party superstition is not turning off the stupid cheering "yaaayyy". Actually I guess that's not superstition - it's more like feeding off the crowd's reaction and it makes me want to play better for them...

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike

grjr
06-12-2005, 07:39 PM
When I open tables on Party I look for ones in the $8-$9 range and I'll usually pick the named tables if I have a choice. If all the 2+2ers want to consider them unlucky that's fine with me. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif