PDA

View Full Version : What do you think

Osric
06-12-2005, 03:26 PM
OK, this hand had me shaking my head. Luckily, I was not involved, but I honestly have no idea how it was played...give me some feedback. I'm new at NL and am still trying to figure strategies out.

It was done on crypto, so I couldn't find a converter. What it boils down to is .50/1 NL. Everyone folds but 3 people. All three are close to equal in chips, and there is only about $10 in the pot.

Flop:Qh 3h 4d

Player 1: bets $5
Player 2: calls $5
Player 3: calls $5
Player 4: raises to $97.50 and is all-in
Player 1: is all-in $86.85
Player 2: calls $92.50

Turn and river are both blanks.

Player 4 turns over KK
Player 1 turns over AA
Player 2 shows K8h

my jaw dropped when I saw what people turned over. Like I said, I'm new to NL, so I don't know what to think. The first all in I can see as a way to buy the pot. The second I don't see because of the possibility of a set, or maybe TP witha flush draw. The 3rd call has me absolutely baffled.

Thoughts?

xorbie
06-12-2005, 03:47 PM
The first all in sketchy, the second call is decent, the third call is also decent (if he has a decent read).

ajmargarine
06-12-2005, 04:05 PM
Player 4 figures with a flush and straight draw on the board, no one before him bet big enough to have a set, and figures his KK is good...don't agree with him, but that is what he is probably thinking. Player 1 fell in love with his aces and calls, and this call I don't agree with. Player 2 calls because he now thinks he has pot odds to hit his flush over the next 2 cards. My question is, regarding player 2 and his non-nut flush draw-- you have to assume that one of the all ins is a set of queens: how many here would make that call, knowing if you make your flush, it may not be the nuts, or it still may lose to a boat? Player 2 is 36.7% to win the hand if Mr. AA doesn't have the Ah, 30.8% if he has the Ah, as the hand is layed out. But Player 2 assumes QQ is in someones hand, making him a winner only 20.2-25.5% of the time, depending on whether the ace is out there. Make the call or fold?