PDA

View Full Version : hey kids its your daily pocket kings with an Ace on the flop hand!!!

mithong
06-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (7.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

obvious that this doofus has the ace, but i raised him for a free card on the turn. should I have even bothered? should i have just called down

or even worse, should i have just folded right htere

JDErickson
06-12-2005, 03:05 PM
hey kids its your daily pocket kings with an Ace on the flop Reply

It depends, usually HU I will call down

Deamon2
06-12-2005, 03:08 PM
yeah, use WA/WB instead of raising the flop

Quercus
06-12-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hey kids its your daily pocket kings with an Ace on the flop Reply

It depends, usually HU I will call down

[/ QUOTE ]

mithong
06-12-2005, 03:10 PM
i've been on this forum for a while and still dont know what wa/wb means

Dave G.
06-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Eh, if villain is fairly predictable, I'll fold this flop. Your chances of improving are tiny (not justified by the size of the pot) and you're basically just throwing money away. The raise came from EP so you have to believe he means business.

I don't understand why people will raise and call down with K's against an obvious pair of aces.

Deamon2
06-12-2005, 03:22 PM
here's a brief explaination

WA/WB stands for Way Ahead/Way Behind. You use it when you're either, you guessed it, way ahead or way behind.

In this case, if your opponent has an ace, you're way behind. If he doesn't, you're way ahead.

The standard line is this:
-If you are OOP: Check/Call, Check/Call, Bet/Fold
-If you are IP: Call, Call, Call.

this makes you lose the least when you are behind, while winning the most while you are ahead.

anyone feel free to correct me if I got any of that wrong

mithong
06-12-2005, 03:25 PM
cuz its the 2nd best hand in poker! =)

scotty34
06-12-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, use WA/WB instead of raising the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I might even just fold the flop, unless you have a read on this guy saying he is super aggressive. A preflop raiser who bets into a preflop 3-better when an A falls will have it most of the time. I don't think you can profitably call down without a good read on the guy.

Catt
06-12-2005, 03:45 PM
If you decide to raise the flop then you really need to do so intending to bet the turn (with checking behind on the river the next play). A turn bet might take it down, and a C/R makes for a pretty easy fold. When a Q falls, I can almost see checking now that you have a likely 6 outs istead of 2). Still, I don't think you should be raising this flop.

MrEngenic
06-12-2005, 04:48 PM
I like the raise if you check behind on the turn and call the river, which you did. JJ often bets out here trying to fold QQ and KK. If opponent is aggressive, I like just calling down. Folding is not an option anywhere in this hand if you just call down.

@bsolute_luck
06-12-2005, 05:34 PM
either call down or bet the turn and check behind on the river. you save .5sb by the latter option.

i'm wondering if we should just fold the flop is what i'm wondering. a straight forward opponent....i doubt i could, but some might be able to. still the pot is big though.