PDA

View Full Version : do they keep complete stats in the main event?

BISCO
06-12-2005, 02:57 PM
for example, will you know exactly what place you finished in even if you bust out nowhere near cashing?

LotsOfOuts69
06-12-2005, 04:38 PM
not a chance

Drunken Monkey
06-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Maybe if your the first to go.

A-Baum
06-12-2005, 04:55 PM
You don't even have to go anywhere or tell anyone when you bust out do you? Just up and leave when you're done.

nazbrok
06-12-2005, 08:26 PM
no idea but how do they do when you are in the $$ to know who busted before who ? If 2 guys bust out in 2 different table in the same time how do they say you, you are 30th and you 29th (with a better prize) ?

man
06-12-2005, 08:36 PM
they probably go hand-for-hand between money levels, don't they? or maybe the dealers declare it.

The Ocho
06-12-2005, 08:39 PM
why would you care?

MicroBob
06-12-2005, 08:47 PM
They would certainly be going hand-for-hand here.
They have to pretty much for this very reason.

On the PPM cruise once we were in the money they made a very strong point that once you busted you HAD to report to the desk (I think it was mike O-Malley, don't remember).
If you didn't report IMMEDIATELY after getting busted then you weren't going to get any money.

I think they needed to make such a strong point of this in the event that someone really frustrated over taking a bad-beat just stormed out of the room.
They were pretty much saying, "we don't care how pissed you might be. Once you get busted you can't just leave. You HAVE to come tell us your name."

To the original question....I very seriously doubt that they will get the names of every person as they get eliminated.
When a famous player gets busted in 4689th place or something it's fairly easy to see roughly how many players are left at that point.

But if someone unfamous like you or I gets busted before the money then we will just leave the room to zero fan-fare and they will have no idea what our name is.

Another example to drive this point home:

At dinner after day 1 on the PPM cruise I chatted with a guy who said that on his table there was some player with a fairly decent stack but he got sea-sick.
He ran to the men's room or his cabin or whatever and never returned. He was just getting blinded away for a couple hours.

Later that evening I was looking at the wall-chart of all the players still in and how many chips everyone had left heading into day 2 (you sign your name to your bag of chips).
Right there on the chart with $15k in chips or so at the end of day 1 was a guy named LEFT-EARLY SICK-MAN.
They bagged up his chips for him but didn't know who he was.

NYCNative
06-12-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why would you care?

[/ QUOTE ]Say I came in 1563rd. I woul rather couch that in conversation as "I beat over 3,000 people at the biggest event in the world," than say "I lost."

I would love to know what place I finished, actually.

GrannyMae
06-12-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
for example, will you know exactly what place you finished in even if you bust out nowhere near cashing?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think you can start until the combined day 2.

i suppose they can sort it properly, but i can't imagine them taking the time to do that. the person eliminated first on day 1 saturday at 11.31 am should not be ranked higher than a thursday, day 1-a later time.