PDA

View Full Version : AKo 2nd hand of tourney.

Eihli
06-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Everyone has 1k. Blinds 5/10. No reads.

UTG+1 minraises to 20. I make it 60. He makes it 100. I call.

Flop: K37r

He checks. I bet 80. He minraises to 160. I call

Turn: 2r

He bets 10. I call

River: 2r

He bets 300. I get scared and start thinking I should have done something on the turn.

Eihli
06-12-2005, 07:00 PM
bump

Sam T.
06-12-2005, 07:42 PM
What's the buy in?

If it's low, you have to rasie more pre-flop. 80 or 90 ought to give you more information. The min-reraise pre-flop screams aces, but it I've also seen idjits do this with 99.

Bet at least half the pot on the flop. If he min-raises that, I become concerned he's on aces or a set, and at that point you are in a bit of trouble. You can re-pop the flop, and see what he does. If he four bets you there, I think you can lay it down. He's on AA, a set, or is a freakin lunatic.

The turn bet is just weird. Either he's got air, or a the stone cold nuts. Yeah, raise that, and see what he does. Fold to a three bet, which would probably be a push.

River bet, you've just played yourself out of the hand. I would probably check to see whether there is another tournament starting soon, and call. (But at the $20 level, you see so much weird stuff early, this could be anything.)

Sam

Eihli
06-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Buy-in was $100. I didn't want to reraise the flop or turn since people in this tourney play crazy and I didn't want to get pushed off by a KQ, AK, and thought he might let me see a cheap showdown.