PDA

View Full Version : New SNG player with some stats and graphs

SteveKeys
06-12-2005, 02:24 PM
http://www.geocities.com/steveokeys/ProfitGraph.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/steveokeys/ROIITMGraph.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/steveokeys/Finishgraph.JPG

Ok so I joined party poker like 3 months ago and put in my $50 and lost it in like 5 days cause I was just another dumb fish. Then like 6 days ago they e-mailed me saying I received the $20 "come-back" bonus. So I was like sweet free poker money. But this time I wanted to use it for as long as possible. I had allready read Small Stakes Hold'em (Miller, Sklansky, Malmuth) and found the link to this forum from the book. So i read like 8 SNG guides and about 40 different post. So then I started playing some SNG's. And I started winning. I am mostly playing 5 and 10's and 2 multitable 10's (got first in both).

Now what I want to know is: is this just some begginners luck? Now I know you guys are gonna say you haven't played enough to tell but it seems like I have been getting sorta lucky on a lot of big win hands... Also what the hell does that RIO mean?

Also I was looking for so other reading material that might help me advance specifically for SNG's. Thanks

Freudian
06-12-2005, 02:25 PM
It's a fine start. Check back when you have 500 tourneys.

RIO is the samba capital of the world.

Mr_J
06-12-2005, 02:35 PM
"is this just some begginners luck?"

Sort of. It's just good luck. This doesn't mean you don't have skill though.

pergesu
06-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Sweet stats. Time to quit your job.

SteveKeys
06-12-2005, 02:45 PM
I don't have a "real" job. I do make about $450 a month on ebay though. I have a feeling that soon I will find out how much was luck and how much was skill. But I will keep to MY GAME and thats what matters. Of course I did start with a free $20.

Also I wanted to post a hand that I can credit to a guide on here about leading a player into to bluffing you, kinda oa reverse trap. Anyways I thought it was pretty sweet.

#Game No : 2194124600
***** Hand History for Game 2194124600 *****
NL Hold'em Trny:13019954 Level:7 Blinds (100/200) - Sunday, June 12, 02:18:38 EDT 2005
Table 2 - Table(363852) Table #1 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 1: SteveKeys ( $3902 )
Seat 3: Vosh85 ( $9768 )
Seat 9: jiveturkey94 ( $1080 )
Seat 10: leadrunner ( $5250 )
Trny:13019954 Level:7
Blinds (100/200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to SteveKeys [ Kh 8s ]
SteveKeys calls [200].
Vosh85 folds.
jiveturkey94 folds.
leadrunner checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ts, 8d, Kd ]
leadrunner bets [200].
SteveKeys calls [200].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6h ]
>You have options at Table 11230 Table!.
leadrunner bets [1300].
SteveKeys calls [1300].
** Dealing River ** [ Qc ]
leadrunner bets [200].
>You have options at Table 11230 Table!.
SteveKeys is all-In [2202]
leadrunner calls [2002].
leadrunner shows [ Qd, Ad ] a pair of queens.
SteveKeys shows [ Kh, 8s ] two pairs, kings and eights.
SteveKeys wins 7904 chips from the main pot with two pairs, kings and eights.
Game #2194129806 starts.

Freudian
06-12-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a feeling that soon I will find out how much was luck and how much was skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell you right away that most of it was luck. You should be happy to have a ROI of 1/3 of this small sample in the future.

OrcaDK
06-12-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SteveKeys calls [200].

[/ QUOTE ]´

Wtf, just wtf?

SteveKeys
06-12-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SteveKeys calls [200].

[/ QUOTE ]´

Wtf, just wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you implying here?

Freudian
06-12-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SteveKeys calls [200].

[/ QUOTE ]´

Wtf, just wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he is implying that limping with K8o from UTG with four players left is pretty poor poker.

smcannon
06-12-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SteveKeys calls [200].

[/ QUOTE ]´

Wtf, just wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not a hand you want to be calling with in heads up. The only good you can do is play with skill and try a steal. And even then I wouldn't even bother that without having something decent unless these other guys were just tight frog asses.

Your "skillful" bluff inducer was only a product of sheer luck. If you continue to play that hand you'll find yourself busting on the bubble more than anything else.

pergesu
06-12-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SteveKeys calls [200].

[/ QUOTE ]´

Wtf, just wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's easy to trap someone when you flop top two.

Fold preflop.

Judging from that one hand and how pleased you said you were by it, it's highly likely you're playing far too loose in the early stages or the tourney, and not aggressively enough on the bubble.

SteveKeys
06-12-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SteveKeys calls [200].

[/ QUOTE ]´

Wtf, just wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's easy to trap someone when you flop top two.

Fold preflop.

Judging from that one hand and how pleased you said you were by it, it's highly likely you're playing far too loose in the early stages or the tourney, and not aggressively enough on the bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]

No believe me I play tight as a 12 year old mormon until about 4-6 ppl left unless of course I have a good hand. Then I will loosen up and play a tad bigger range of hands.

This was from a 2-Table 10+1 Nl Hold'em tourney by the way. These guys were playing mostly anything since they taught they were safe with their big stacks. I was shocked that he even had a pair like the queens. Anyway I still have a lot of learning to do since I am making these mistakes at a 10+1 level. But anyways. I appreciate the help and comments. Thanks, Steve.

Newt_Buggs
06-12-2005, 04:53 PM
fold preflop or raise to steal. On the flop I would raise if these guys are as loose as you say. Your hand is great right now but very vulnerable.

Oh yeah, and your stats are meaningless