PDA

View Full Version : AKo in BB faces LRR from EP

bozlax
06-12-2005, 02:19 PM
The Villan in this hand has been playing a lot of hands aggressively, and winning a lot without a showdown. What I've seen him show hasn't been terrible. How's my line?

(It should be noted that apparently somebody put LRR pills in the Party Poker water, today. Having not seen more than one LRR a day for months, I've just seen 3-4 from different players in the past 30 minutes!)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Any point in capping it HU when I don't have a solid read on Villan's raising standards?

Flop: (9.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

The board is uncoordinated and the pot is large, I think I have to call this.

Turn: (5.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

I picked up the nut gutshot and still have two overcards. Gotta call?

River: (7.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

I finished with TPTK in a hand where Villan could easily have a broadway set. I don't think I'm getting called by a hand I beat, so I check.

So...I feel oogy about this, thinking it was either one long spew or too weak. Comments?

MrEngenic
06-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Flop: Even though limp reraise often indicates AA or KK, especially since you raise from the BB telling everyone you have a strong hand, I've seen some goofy plays with LRR. I think you should call the flop no matter what comes, well almost. Make sure he knows he has to at least bet the flop AND turn before you release your hand.

Turn: Well, since I really don't think he has a low pocket, 88 or lower, you have 7 outs against KK and 4 against any other conceivable hand he could have, ie 99-AA except for TT and AK. It all comes down to what you think he could be limp reraising with. I would give it up here.

River:
Check/call and hope he has KK

bozlax
06-12-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: Well, since I really don't think he has a low pocket, 88 or lower, you have 7 outs against KK and 4 against any other conceivable hand he could have, ie 99-AA except for TT and AK. It all comes down to what you think he could be limp reraising with. I would give it up here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This kid's aggro numbers went up from flop to turn to river, and he seemed to have trouble letting go. I wanted to see if he flinched on the turn, and when he didn't I rechecked the hands I had on him and saw a similar pattern: raise preflop, bet or raise the turn, and either collect the pot there or bet or raise the river and collect there. I guess I pretty much decided to show it down on the flop, and do it as cheaply as possible.

Villan shows 88, MHIG, and Villan will be getting a Christmas card from me this year.