PDA

View Full Version : Fire the last barrel?

2ndGoat
06-12-2005, 01:26 PM
After 25k terrible hands (+.1B/100), 76s is my biggest money-loser. I found this one while reviewing all 80 times I've had this starting hand. Button is 56/5/52/2.05. SB is 57/25/38/2.33. I have no idea what my image was at the time, or even whether I had more than 10 hands on either of these players at the time.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (3.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

sinfulslick18
06-12-2005, 02:33 PM
do not see a point to fire one out on the turn with two callers. unless if you have extreme reads with 76s.

2ndGoat
06-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Both are aggresive postflop; I figure if either has an ace or queen they bet it on the flop (same if either has diamonds). With that logic, it certainly doesn't seem that an ace on the turn would have helped them any (unles they picked up clubs), which leaves a pretty decent probability both are holding garbage.

I don't see why you call them "callers" since it was checked around on the flop?

2nd

Benman
06-13-2005, 11:20 AM
Betting the turn after one or two opponents have checked the flop should be routine. This is one of those bluffs that, at worst, has a break-even EV, and often slightly positive EV.

MAxx
06-13-2005, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Betting the turn after one or two opponents have checked the flop should be routine. This is one of those bluffs that, at worst, has a break-even EV, and often slightly positive EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

This maybe true. I just find that I don't like this kind of turn bet. My reason is that this pot is tiny and the villains dont believe you have a Ace or probably a queen either for the same reasons you think they dont have. I like bluffing in more believable/cheaper spots. I prefer to bluff lead the flop when I think it is right/ or good frequency.

I don't fire another barrell...because the turn call is a horrible sign.

marand
06-13-2005, 11:50 AM
I don't mind a turn bet or a flop bet, but don't bet the river!

2ndGoat
06-13-2005, 01:23 PM
&lt;&lt;My reason is that this pot is tiny and the villains dont believe you have a Ace or probably a queen either for the same reasons you think they dont have.&gt;&gt;

Was going to mention this in the last post but clicked "submit" instead, heh. I guess it depends on if they will call with pure garbage if they know you have pure garbage. Of course if they know I have pure garbage they ought to be raising, but I'm not really worried about their correct move here, just what a crazy fish is going to think is correct.

2nd