PDA

View Full Version : Open raise with A4o SB

betgo
06-12-2005, 11:34 AM
$300 live MTT, blinds 100/200/25. I have T4600, BB has T2900, although I did not make an accurate count of BB. I raise to 600, BB calls. Flop comes KQ7 with 2-flush. I bet 1000. I realize it is a coordinated board, but BB may not have anything, and I want to represent a K or Q. BB pushes another 1300 in. I suppose I have to call.

Should I have just opn pushed? Should I have made a smaller continuation bet or pushed on the flop? Should I call the push?

adanthar
06-12-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BB pushes another 1300 in. I suppose I have to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you don't.

He's got 14 BB PF and the pot is around 500...I'd just have pushed then.

betgo
06-12-2005, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I folded and said if you have anything you have me beat. He shoowed me T6s for a flush draw. I can spike an ace and I could be ahead against a draw. I think I had to call.

I agree I should have pushed preflop. I am not that experienced in live MTTs. I didn't realize villain was so short stacked. Plus, the blinds weren't big enough that I was thinking in push fold mode yet.

betgo
06-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Acutally, I ran it on two dimes and villain was a 54-46 favorite on the flop, but if I knew what he had it was an easy call with pot odds.

Villain's preflop call with T6d seems loose.

Bigwig
06-12-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I folded and said if you have anything you have me beat. He shoowed me T6s for a flush draw. I can spike an ace and I could be ahead against a draw. I think I had to call.

I agree I should have pushed preflop. I am not that experienced in live MTTs. I didn't realize villain was so short stacked. Plus, the blinds weren't big enough that I was thinking in push fold mode yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can always ask for a chip count. Being aware of your opponents stacks is a must. Especially the guy sitting to your right.

BTW, I would've checked that flop.