PDA

View Full Version : Passive is the new aggressive

damaniac
06-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Home game with a couple of 2+2ers, who weren't involved in this hand.

8-handed (UTG, UTG1, MP1, MP2, CO, etc)
Villains:
MP1 is slightly loose and probably has decent aggression. Doesn't play with pot odds in mind when deciding whether to chase a draw, though his instincts are alright.
CO is slightly loose and aggressive, TAGish qualities but goes a little too far sometimes and probably has some rough edges in his game. HU with me, he'll be a crazy LAG as he is well-known from the "30/60" 3-handed game he plays with ecooke and myself.
Button is decent but weak-tight.
SB is loose and fairly passive. Probably has no hand reading skills to speak of, calls a lot, even with top pair, but will bet/raise good hands, although not always.

I'm in the BB with KK. MP1 limps, CO limps, Button limps, SB raises, I 3-bet, all call.

3 to the flop for 15 SB's.

Flop is Q22r. SB bets, I call, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn is a blank of some sort. SB bets, I call, MP1 agonizes then folds, CO says "well the pot's too big, I have odds" and calls.

3 to the river for 12.5 BB's. A blank hits. SB bets. Now I raise.

How's the line?

Grifter
06-12-2005, 11:06 AM
I raise the turn here. Someone may have called two bets cold pf with a 2, but not likely. You will still get called by a Q, and you probably knock out the draw to get HU. If you get 3-bet, you can take it from there.