PDA

View Full Version : Should you play every hand as good as you can?

Lalit Khajuria
06-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Me play NL holdEM up to 5/10 level. And Im wondering should I try to play every hand as good as I can i.e maximizing profits and minimizing losses. Or should I do some fishy/weird moves so my play wouldent get too predictable and easy to read?
Or is that kind of situation even possible in fairly big online sites...

And if I would do those moves what kind of those should be? Limpiing occassionally with crap, bluffing with crap, or something else?

Thank You all in advance!!

Dov
06-12-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Me play NL holdEM up to 5/10 level.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are in way over your head.

Check out the NL forum on the left side and move down in stakes immediately.

Good Luck

Sandstone
06-12-2005, 11:36 AM
HI!!!

I play NL HoldEM also!!! Very good up to the level of high player!!!

I find BLUFF is good hand to make with cards

Hope HELP I have provided for you

MoDOH
06-12-2005, 11:40 AM
LOL...
but seriously.. be nice to him...

Lalit Khajuria
06-12-2005, 12:00 PM
What your problem is??? I live in India my english maybe no good!!

gamblore99
06-12-2005, 01:56 PM
At the stakes you are playing just play as good as possible. It is not necessary to get tricky as your opponents won't be smart enough to take note of what you are doing. If you play online, this is even more true. good luck

Lalit Khajuria
06-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Thank You finally serious response /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I was just wondering if it would be sometimes correct to take even slight -ev situation if you could benefit about that move later in game and get bigger +ev situation then you would otherwise. But I think thats not needed then.

And about the stakes I play, maybe everyone doesent play poker for living. Im an engineer at Nokia here in New Delhi.. and just want to have some good time by playing poker, but im also intrested about some poker strategy.

DWarrior
06-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Well, if you're playing 5/10 NL online...that's not recreational poker, that's the highest some places have to offer.

As for live, it might not be, I don't know.

Mike Gallo
06-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Dude, just have a reason for every decision you make. In some of the games I play in order to get action a player must give action.

In other words players will not play with me when I raise, unless I play with them when they raise.

In certain spots I will call a raise with a hand I might ordinarily fold, because of the future action I will get on my premium hands.

DWarrior
06-12-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In other words players will not play with me when I raise, unless I play with them when they raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

But is that really true? If you're noticing that this is occuring, can't you start raising a bit more often?

I'm not really sure if your rate will drop because you're not getting action on your hands, and instead just getting the blinds and callers when you raise and take the pot. I just think it can be countered when you show two rags and smile. That way, they'll have to play with you if they want to keep you honest, and if they don't, you'll still pick up the uncontested pots which will add up.

The first time I've heard of the "you must give action to get action" statement, I wondered why it's true. You won't be the most pleasant player to play against if you follow a tight/agressive strategy, but you'll be a tough one.

Taking this to the extreme: if they told you they'd never call your raise with anything below AA or KK, you can start raising with anything and you'll make a good profit from the blinds alone, but your standard deviation will decrease.

Mike Gallo
06-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Dwarrior,

I have given the exception not the norm.