PDA

View Full Version : My Last Hand for this Week- Very Questionable Hand

toss
06-12-2005, 07:04 AM
Bodog 5/10 Hold'em (10 Handed)

Fantastically loose table, 4-5 to the flop on average. CO is semi-loose, trying to play good, and knows when to give up. My table image is tight since I've been card dead for a while. The few times I've raised everyone folded.

Preflop: Hero is Big Blind with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (5.8 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.9 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (5.8 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Would checkraising the turn work better?

AceCraig
06-12-2005, 09:43 AM
i'm folding on the flop, pot odds

xniNja
06-12-2005, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't really go for a bluff on the turn like that with a gutshot... If you don't raise it preflop you shouldn't play it like that.

ArturiusX
06-12-2005, 09:58 AM
I don't get the flop call, if you're going to bluff I'd check-raise the flop and go from there.

Bigdaddydvo
06-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Isn't the turn here the definition of a donk-bet?

I think you can safely fold the flop with almost nothing in the way of draws in a smallish pot.

afk
06-12-2005, 10:26 AM
I see the play you're trying to make on him, but I think I'd wait until I had some high card power to try it (read: generally I don't do a lot of this) Also, I think you'd be helped greatly in this hand by a scarier board. The board isn't that scary and I think you've got a better chance of getting him off his hand if the board was more threatening.

sy_or_bust
06-12-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm not sure why you're rearing to bluff at a loose table, but this flop is a good try for it. The problem is that, no matter how you play it (flop c/r, donk, turn c/r), many loose players will want to see the river with overcards, so you need to bet this river and factor that in to your bluff.

I prefer the flop checkraise against players who likely aren't aware of this (unfortunately trendy) resteal bluff, because it's cheapest, but you should be prepared to fire on the river UI unless a read says otherwise. Still, if your opponent will fold high cards, the turn c/r is best.

toss
06-12-2005, 11:12 AM
I put CO on two cards that add up to 20 or 88+. 77 and under he'd probably limp. I called the flop to see if another low card came. On the turn I felt there was a good chance that CO would check behind with overcards if I checked. And if the turn was checked though he would have an easier time calling a river bet. At the same time if I bet I could fold if he has a pocket pair and raises. River bet is the only way I can win the pot.

gvibes
06-12-2005, 12:34 PM
The flop call is fine. You have 8-9 outs a lot of the time here, and ~3 outs even when you're up against an overpair.

I'd probably check/fold the turn.