PDA

View Full Version : Small suited connectors in LP

Trance
06-12-2005, 06:34 AM
I'm an overly tight player (consistently around 14-15% VPIP at .50/1 through 2/4) trying to loosen up a bit and find some profitable hands that I may be folding preflop.

While reading Small Stakes Hold'em I notice it recommends playing small suited connectors like 54s, 65s, etc in late position. Let's say I'm holding 54s and there is one limper to me in the CO do I actually make this call? How about on the button, is it worth a call there? Or do I need like 3 limpers before this is a profitable call?

Jakesta
06-12-2005, 06:40 AM
First off, welcome to the forums.

[ QUOTE ]
Let's say I'm holding 54s and there is one limper to me in the CO do I actually make this call?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't. You need more limpers to play a hand like 54s which derives its value from making flushes and straights..

[ QUOTE ]
How about on the button, is it worth a call there?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Not with only 1 limper.

[ QUOTE ]
Or do I need like 3 limpers before this is a profitable call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. And if you're not in a Party .5/1 game with 3 limpers to you on the button, then you need to exercise better table selection.

aK13
06-12-2005, 06:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Bingo. And if you're not in a Party .5/1 game with 3 limpers to you on the button, then you need to exercise better table selection.

[/ QUOTE ]

"[censored] table selection. I want to be able to beat any type of game" -Peter_Rus

kapw7
06-12-2005, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

"[censored] table selection. I want to be able to beat any type of game" -Peter_Rus

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to make a fortune multitabling the micros.