PDA

View Full Version : I was bluffed (but that's not the point here)

maddo
06-12-2005, 06:29 AM
Hi.

$30 MTT on UB
Blinds 30/60

I have ~1700 in CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Villain (~1800) limps in EP, I raise to 270. SB+BB fold, and Villain calls.

Pot = 630

Flop comes Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villain checks, I have 2nd pair and bet 2/3 pot. Villain check-raises all-in. I fold, and he shows 67 (no diamonds) so has just an inside straight draw. I am sick!!!!

So the point here is that I might just as well have had 72o if I'm going to fold. Was I right to make a standard continuation bet here? Or is there something else I can do? I can't check here can I? I'm looking for some help so I'm prepared the next time this type of hand comes up. Or is that just not possible.

Cheers.

Sykes
06-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Fold pre-flop

DemonDeac
06-12-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold pre-flop

[/ QUOTE ]
really? i disagree

only one limper and his raise will probably steal the button and make the blinds fold

id prolly wouldnt raise as much but i still like the play

mustardo
06-12-2005, 11:04 AM
I've only played a few $30 on UB but I have found them to be very aggressive and full of plays like this. In general I think you played this totally correct, in this tourney however I limp hope to hit monster and have someone give me all their chips on a monster.

ajmargarine
06-12-2005, 12:19 PM
I would have played this real similar. I would have bet a little less preflop. 3xBB + one BB for every limper leaves you at T240. I like to shave just a hair off of that, and would probably bet T225. (T45 less than your example) This gives you a pot of T540. 2/3 of the pot is perfect, say T340 or so would look good (T80 less than your example). Now when he moves all in, I think you have to fold; and because I was a little more moderate in my bets, I have T125 more in my stack now.

His reraise all in is kind of fishy. Did he have a read on you? What would you bet here post flop if you had AQ or QQ or 99? Whatever that number is, is the number I would bet with your A9. I like around 70% of the pot whether I have TPTK, middle pair, trips, over pair, bluff, or semibluff. This gives the astute villian no read on you, because many players adjust their bet sizes based upon the strength of their holding.

--aj