PDA

View Full Version : Tyson vs. All-time Heavyweights

Shaman
06-12-2005, 04:25 AM
Now that Tyson's career is over, we can compare him to the other heavyweight champions of the past and present.

Tyson would annihilate John L. Sullivan, Jim Corbett, Bob Fitszimons, Jim Jeffries, Marvin Hart, and Tommy Burns. He would alson destroy non-world champ Sam Langford.

Jack Johnson would outclass and then KO Tyson.

Tyson would KO Jess Willard.

If the fight lasted 3 rounds or less, Tyson would beat Jack Dempsey. But if the fight lasted longer, the Manasa Mauller would wear out Iron Mike.

Tyson would beat Gene Tunney, Jack Sharkey, Max Schmelling, Primo Carnera, Max Baer, and the Cinderalla Man. All by KO.

Joe Louis would murder Mike Tyson. Tyson's style is made to order for Louis.

Tyson would KO Ezzard Charles but would have a very close fight with Jersey Joe Walcott.

As for Rocky Marciano. See my Jack Dempsey comments.

Tyson would murder both Patterson and Johannson. But would get knocked out senseless by Sonny Liston.

The young and brash Cassius Clay would totally outbox Mike Tyson on the way to scoring a decisive knockout of the confused and frustrated Mike Tyson. He would not even get close enough to bite Clay's ears out of frustration.

Tyson would dominate Buster Mathis and Jimmy Ellis. He would also beat Joe Frazier.

George Foreman would beat Tyson like a stepchild.

Muhamad Ali would score a KO of Mike Tyson in a very psychological fight.

Tyson would kill Spinks, Big John Tate, Ken Norton, and Mike Weaver. But he would have trouble with Michael Dokes.

Larry Holmes would easily outpoint Tyson.

Tyson would kill Tim Witherspoon. But if Greg Page trained well, there is a small chance he could beat Tyson by decisiion. Otherwise, Tyson would annihilate him.

Naturally, Tyson would beat those that he actually did beat like Bonecrusher Smith, Michael Spinks, Tucker, and Berbick.

He would also beat Buster Douglas who he actually did beat. For those who don't remember, there was a "long count" when Douglas went down earlier in the fight. I you have access to the tape, you'll see that Douglas couldn't beat the count and got up only at the count of 15!

Tyson would beat Hollyfield, Riddick Bowe, Lennox Lewis, Vitali Klischko, and the others.

partygirluk
06-12-2005, 04:26 AM
Yeah, 'bout time for a Tyson post in OOT.

Blarg
06-12-2005, 05:05 AM
What do you mean Tyson would beat Holyfield? Holyfield beat him twice in a row, and to my eyes, it wasn't close.

raisethatmofo
06-12-2005, 06:47 AM

Shaman
06-12-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did Tyson lose last night or something ? If he did, that is sad. I hope he saves his money and doesn't squander it like a retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Nice sarcastic post.

Clarkmeister
06-12-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, 'bout time for a Tyson post in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. The 5 threads in the first few pages aren't nearly enough.

Besides, his career *isn't* over, that should be obvious. Dude is in debt for tens of millions. What's he going to do, bus tables? This circus show ain't over.

poot
06-12-2005, 12:56 PM
yeah.. he says he is not in love with boxing anymore. He wants to be a missionary?? Apparently he gets 5 million for that fight. First match i ever watched! and i am a witness to Tyson's end!! good timing- eh? WEll.. personally Mcbride was an oger and i automatically will go for the lil' guy...he looked soo cute fighting against Mcbride (not that HE is cute) Mcbride is like a slow beast..anyway.. i am thinking maybe he is lucky to have caught tyson at the end of his career.. BTW did tyson try to bite his ear???

Did anyone see Laila Ali? Muhammad's daughter fight? Not a scatch on her! my heroooooo.. I had acquaintance back home that use to ride (snowboard) at our local mountain.. goodlookin, whorish, and rips, she was sponsered. Also use to take boxing lessons every week. I use to think she was such a badarsss.

What do you think? boxing for girls Hottish or Boyish?? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Mincer

augie00
06-12-2005, 01:00 PM
I am surprised that you're saying that Tyson could knock all of these people out. He couldn't beat Kevin McBride. Kevin McBride was his hand picked opponent (i.e. the weakest one Tyson's company could find).

Unless of course you're comparing him to these other fighters in his prime.

Voltron87
06-12-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tyson would beat Hollyfield,

[/ QUOTE ]

didnt tyson lose to him twice?

stanky
06-12-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless of course you're comparing him to these other fighters in his prime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I assumed. Other wise the OP makes no sense

bernie
06-12-2005, 06:56 PM
For 10,000 fights. Per 'title bout' boxing. by OOTP developments.

Both in their primes. However, no strategy changes during the fight. Just str8 attributes. 15 rounds.

Ali w 9048 with 5755 KOs

Tyson w 855 with 715 KOs

97 draws.

I erased the bout logs before I thought about seeing how many of the decisions were split or majority. Dammit. Oh, well.

Edit: just recouped the bout logs. The split/majority decisions were totalled about 300. Average rounds per fight was about 10. Maybe I'll sim it for 10 round fights.

b

bernie
06-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Oops, I screwed up a couple factors in the sim. I had corner on random, along with pre fight condion on random.

New results coming shortly.

b

partygirluk
06-12-2005, 07:08 PM
Is that game any good?

bernie
06-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Graphically: No

For sims: yes.

b

bernie
06-12-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For 10,000 fights. Per 'title bout' boxing. by OOTP developments.

Both in their primes. However, no strategy changes during the fight. Just str8 attributes. 15 rounds.

Ali w 9048 with 5755 KOs

Tyson w 855 with 715 KOs

97 draws.

I erased the bout logs before I thought about seeing how many of the decisions were split or majority. Dammit. Oh, well.

Edit: just recouped the bout logs. The split/majority decisions were totalled about 300. Average rounds per fight was about 10. Maybe I'll sim it for 10 round fights.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Ali w 8966 with 5479 KOs

Tyson w 932 with 759 KOs

102 draws

Split/majority dec: about 400. 300 going to Ali.

Average rounds per fight: 11

Avg rnd per win Ali: 11.39

Avg rnd per win Tyson: 7.56

b

partygirluk
06-12-2005, 07:31 PM
How about if you make it 12 rounds?

bernie
06-12-2005, 07:47 PM
I did it for 8 rounds (since Tysons average win was 7.5) and it was about 4-1 ratio for Ali with almost a 7% chance of a draw.

So the farther into the fight it goes, it really leans towards Ali.

b