PDA

View Full Version : Foreman vs. Tyson

Shaman
06-12-2005, 03:37 AM
Prime for prime, Foreman would knock Tyson out in two rounds. He beat both Norton and Frazier in two rounds a piece, knocking down the latter 5 times.

Against Dempsey and Marciano, Tyson would win if the fight lasted 3 rounds or less. But if it lasted longer I think these two guys would wear Tyson out.

Tyson would kill Frazier.

Liston would kill Tyson.

Tyson would kill Patterson.

Louis would murder Tyson. So would Jack Johnson.

Walcott and Tyson would be very close.

Max Baer vs. Tyson would be awesome and could go either way.

Tyson would KO Klitschko and Lewis, and all of today's alphabet heavyweight champions.

Ali would knock Tyson out in the later rounds. I'm talking about the 22 year old Ali who beat Liston not the rope a dope 33 year in the Thrilla in Manila and Rumble in the Jungle.

Daliman
06-12-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Prime for prime, Foreman would knock Tyson out in two rounds. He beat both Norton and Frazier in two rounds a piece, knocking down the latter 5 times. <font color="red"> No </font>

Against Dempsey and Marciano, Tyson would win if the fight lasted 3 rounds or less. But if it lasted longer I think these two guys would wear Tyson out.<font color="red"> Maybe</font>

Tyson would kill Frazier.<font color="red"> Yes </font>

Liston would kill Tyson. <font color="red"> No </font>

Tyson would kill Patterson.<font color="red"> Yes </font>

Louis would murder Tyson. So would Jack Johnson.<font color="red"> Maybe, No </font>

Walcott and Tyson would be very close.<font color="red"> No </font>

Max Baer vs. Tyson would be awesome and could go either way.<font color="red"> Not close </font>

Tyson would KO Klitschko and Lewis, and all of today's alphabet heavyweight champions.<font color="red"> Yes </font>

Ali would knock Tyson out in the later rounds. I'm talking about the 22 year old Ali who beat Liston not the rope a dope 33 year in the Thrilla in Manila and Rumble in the Jungle.<font color="red"> Yes </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Many forget just how awesome a force Tyson truly was in his early years. No one was even close.

-Skeme-
06-12-2005, 03:44 AM
Foreman hit just as hard as Tyson and was a much better boxer.

Daliman
06-12-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Foreman was not even the hardest puncher of his day. That honor belongs to Earnie Shavers.

I think tyson punched harder, but that's a pissing contest; no one knows for sure. Foreman was likely a LITTLE better boxer than Tyson, but Tyson had the quickest power punches ever seen. No one ever bullied Tyson in his prime, and he cut down lesser competition like no one before or since. He won 3 title fights in the first round, and beat at least 2 other top 10 contenders in the first round. Those that say there weren't any great fighters for Tyson to fight are wrong; the only difference between the "Glory days" of boxing and now is that bixing was big then, and it's not now. Back then, peope paid attention to non-title fights; now, they don;t and the boxers seem nameless and talentless, and it's just not the case. Name me ONE sport where players USED to be a lot better than they are now.

There aren't any.

In every measurable aspect of sports that correlates directly to the past, current athletes surpass their forefathers in their sport. Jesse Owens wouldn't make the NCAA's with his times from 1936, Vasily Aleksyev's World record lifts wouldn't get him on the 3rd string of Lithuania's lifting team. humans eveolve, and sport evolves.

bernie
06-12-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite a difference in styles. Tyson was a helluva lot more agile and faster.

b

Blarg
06-12-2005, 05:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ali would knock Tyson out in the later rounds. I'm talking about the 22 year old Ali who beat Liston not the rope a dope 33 year in the Thrilla in Manila and Rumble in the Jungle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Ali would have won either way.

Tooork
06-12-2005, 09:27 AM
Yeah, I would also go for Ali!!