PDA

View Full Version : Plan??

krishanleong
06-12-2005, 02:58 AM
Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero ...

Villian is loose/passive preflop and reasonably agressive postflop. I expected him to bet the turn if I checked with just 1 broadway card. I didn't expect him to 3-bet.

What's a decent line for the rest of the hand assuming I don't improve. I considered call, lead river. Cap, lead river. Call the turn, check-call river.

Krishan

clownshoes
06-12-2005, 03:09 AM
I dont really understand or like the turn c/r but I dont really see him 3betting this turn with just a Q so I would probably just call down, but I might just be a wuss.

krishanleong
06-12-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont really understand or like the turn c/r

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy was basically decently agressive. He would bet the turn, sensing weakness, with a Q, flush draw, or pp. Thus the cr gets more value than leading. It's a read based move.

Krishan

etizzle
06-12-2005, 03:30 AM
I dont think you are ahead enough here to continue with the lead. I would call this one down, betting out a river 5 and probably c/r an A on the river.

It looks like he limped on the button with a small pair.

MoDOH
06-12-2005, 04:47 AM
I would just call down here, expecting to se KQ AQ or such a decent amount of time.

Your line of CR the turn here is a great move against certain players and one that I utilize myself.
Your oppoonent need to be a passive player that bets when checked to, and is bad enough postflop that he canīt manage to fold a hand when he gets CR like this.

Alobar
06-12-2005, 05:39 AM
interesting. I cant see KQ AQ limping PF, and I cant see Qx 3 betting. So im scared of the set. Ill be damned if im finding a fold anywhere tho /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I call turn, lead a 5 river, otherwise just check/call

Dov
06-12-2005, 05:42 AM
I think you should cap and lead the river as long as it's not a heart. If it is a heart, just call down.

This seems like a line that villain would take if he put you on AK.

I've seen quite a few players in the last couple of days who think they can take almost any 2 and push a PFR off his hand with a turn raise as long as they have the button.

This is easier when they are loose PF because it is harder to put them on a hand, and they are generally passive PF because they don't seem to know any better (like thinning the field)

Once the flop comes, though, they realize that if there is no one to contest the pot, they will win, so they come to life.

You will only have to take this line with this player once. Whether you win or lose here, is not as important as all of the times you will get him to reconsider when you miss with AK.

It is not inconceivable that he has a hand, but I don't believe him this time.

I think he'll show you a reasonably strong Q here most of the time.

I say keep the pedal to the floor.

(Note: I'm noticing that I seem to be much more aggressive than most of you guys here. It may just be a style thing, I guess, but keep that in mind.)

Dov
06-12-2005, 05:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I cant see KQ AQ limping PF, and I cant see Qx 3 betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

He said villain was loose/passive PF and aggressive post flop. I'm thinking that this is entirely possible.

Especially if he put OP on AK, AJ, AT, etc.

Alobar
06-12-2005, 05:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I cant see KQ AQ limping PF, and I cant see Qx 3 betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

He said villain was loose/passive PF and aggressive post flop. I'm thinking that this is entirely possible.

Especially if he put OP on AK, AJ, AT, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

A loose passive oppoent is MUCH more likely to limp 22-44 on the button than AQ KQ IMO

I also think you are overlooking the fact hero c/r the turn, and villian 3 bets. I dont think villian puts him on AK AJ AT.

stripsqueez
06-12-2005, 06:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This guy was basically decently agressive. He would bet the turn, sensing weakness, with a Q, flush draw, or pp. Thus the cr gets more value than leading

[/ QUOTE ]

if the plan is to get lots of money in the pot then isnt this the same guy that commonly raises a turn bet with the holdings you mentioned ?

as it was i think its auto to call down - only fold strikes me as an alternative - when you did the sneeky thing on the turn you advertised at least this hand and he still isnt scared so its only sensible to assume that AA is likely beat unimproved

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

baronzeus
06-12-2005, 08:06 AM
You should cap, lead river, and fold to a raise, unless he is a maniac.

The reason I say this is that him calling your cap and STILL raising your river means he can beat your pair.

This is just my opinion.

Edit: Did he turn over A5?

TylerD
06-12-2005, 08:46 AM
I call it down.

marand
06-12-2005, 08:51 AM
Call down. Capping or leading the river is chip spewing. His 3-bet really tells you he has two pair or better unless he is a complete maniac or on tilt.

But I can't bring myself to fold here either, some people make stupid bluffs or overplay their top pair.

krishanleong
06-12-2005, 08:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I call it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the consenseus is to call down. I agree. I called the turn, led the river, called the raise. He tabledd 56o for the turned straight and MHING.

Krishan

Dov
06-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Thanks for posting this hand.

Looks like I've got some AA hands to go reanalyze.

LOL